• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Grafton Apple Festival 2013

Started by Kat Kanning, July 23, 2013, 04:15 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

Camera Man in action. - by Yury Polozov

Tom Sawyer

And here I figured I was busting his shot.  ;D I look so earnest. :o

Pat K

Yeah you do look some like Ernest.

Russell Kanning

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 04, 2013, 11:13 AM NHFT
funny
is that a shoulder strap?

Mixing in a little Marine rifle training; if it only cuts off the blood flow to your arm it needs to be tighter.

jerryswife

The woman from Concord who was at Applefest (her name, like many names, escapes me) asked me for the recipe for Apple Stilton Soup.  I am posting it here, if anyone sees her or knows how to contact her, please let her know.

3 Granny Smith apples
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
4 shallots, thinly sliced
3-5 cloves garlic, smashed (being Jerry's wife, I left these out)
2 Tbs. butter
6 sprigs each: thyme and savory
2 bay leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
6 cups chicken stock
1/4 -1/2 cup Stilton cheese
1/2 C cream
1 Tbs lemon juice

Peel, core and chop apples.  Over medium heat, saute apples and vegetables in butter until tender.  Season with salt and pepper.  Wrap herbs in cheesecloth and tie closed.  Pour stock over mixture and herb bouquet; boil, reduce to simmer until mixture is cooked through.  Remove herbs. Stir in cheese and cream.  Puree in batches. Add salt, pepper, lemon juice and more Stilton to taste.  Enjoy.

Silent_Bob

Quote from: jerryswife on October 05, 2013, 04:27 PM NHFT
The woman from Concord who was at Applefest (her name, like many names, escapes me) asked me for the recipe for Apple Stilton Soup.  I am posting it here, if anyone sees her or knows how to contact her, please let her know.

3 Granny Smith apples
2 Tbs. butter
2 bay leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
6 cups chicken stock
1/2 C cream
1 Tbs lemon juice

Peel, core and chop apples.  Over medium heat, saute apples and vegetables in butter until tender.  Season with salt and pepper.  Wrap herbs in cheesecloth and tie closed.  Pour stock over mixture and herb bouquet; boil, reduce to simmer until mixture is cooked through.  Remove herbs. Stir in cheese and cream.  Puree in batches. Add salt, pepper, lemon juice and more Stilton to taste.  Enjoy.

Stilton cheese... No maggots? :)

John

Quote from: jerryswife on October 05, 2013, 04:27 PM NHFT

3 Granny Smith apples
2 Tbs. butter
2 bay leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
6 cups chicken stock
1/2 C cream
1 Tbs lemon juice

This was wonderful. :)

Tom Sawyer

The soup was good.   :D

Although a little highfalutin'... I mean shallots, only rich folks can have shallots. We are living off wild onions out of the lawn.  ;D

jerryswife

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on October 06, 2013, 08:29 AM NHFT

Although a little highfalutin'... I mean shallots, only rich folks can have shallots. We are living off wild onions out of the lawn.  ;D

Wow, I don't believe I have been called highfalutin' before.  Hmmm.  I bet wild onions would be just fine in it, even if a little lowfalutin'  :)

Free libertarian

I guess some people are shallots and some are shallnots.    Hey, wait a minute!  You got a lawn??!! 

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Free libertarian on October 09, 2013, 06:51 AM NHFT

I guess some people are shallots and some are shallnots.    Hey, wait a minute!  You got a lawn??!!

A lawn around their chalet.

Tom Sawyer

;D

I complained about mowing the lawn until I met a man with no lawn... or wild onions.

Tom Sawyer

Man vs Machine 2013 video

William vs Team Jesus

Jim Johnson