• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Grafton Apple Festival 2013

Started by Kat Kanning, July 23, 2013, 04:15 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on August 29, 2013, 08:14 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 29, 2013, 12:23 AM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on August 28, 2013, 06:47 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 28, 2013, 12:14 AM NHFT
We won't have bikes. I guess we can cheer.

Looks like we got us a convoy. Bikes verse 18 wheeler!  ;D
the bikes can watch our back door as we come rolling off the big road.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CB_slang

I prefer to be in the "rocking chair".  :D

Do the truckers still talk like that way?

Every time I turn on a CB, I'm treated to an endless string of profanity that would make Doug Stanhope blush, plus challenges to pull over and fight it out, etc.

It's a long way from the '70s, for sure.

Russell Kanning

They still do
We don't use the cb because of what KB said
They talk that way on trucker call in shows and in person. :-)
They dont say good buddy anymore.

Tom Sawyer

Dang Rubber Ducky has a potty mouth?!  :-\  ;D

My brother and I were big time into CBs back in the late 70's. Peak of the sunspot activities... we would "shoot skip" to "The Gold Coast" California on 4 watts. Then there was the illegal linear amp, our voice got stronger, key up the D104 power mic and turn on the amp... talked to Guam etc. The best was with the military aircraft HF radio... I badgered them to send me to school on it just so I could play with it. Tuned properly I could get 2k watts out of it for short periods before it would burn up the tube... not to worry they had lots of money to waste. When I keyed that thing up on 11 meter (CB freq.) single side band... I had the voice of god... everyone wanted to talk to me.  ;D

Too bad the trucker aren't as friendly as they used to be... Heard on my radio late one night in the middle of nowhere VA. "Yeah you got a four wheeler in the hammer lane with a Smokey on his ass... Hey the bear can't seem to keep up." Looked up to see the blue lights receding behind me.  ;D

KBCraig

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on August 30, 2013, 12:17 PM NHFT
Dang Rubber Ducky has a potty mouth?!  :-\  ;D

I keep a CB walkie-talkie just to hear what's going on if there's a sudden traffic jam, and decide whether to exit and find a way around it.

Quote... I had the voice of god... everyone wanted to talk to me.  ;D

Yeah, but if they were driving 4 Watt rigs, they could hear you but they couldn't talk back. If they were close enough to talk back, you were probably melting their radios. ;D

QuoteToo bad the trucker aren't as friendly as they used to be... Heard on my radio late one night in the middle of nowhere VA. "Yeah you got a four wheeler in the hammer lane with a Smokey on his ass... Hey the bear can't seem to keep up." Looked up to see the blue lights receding behind me.  ;D

;D

Russell Kanning

Yea a race between the big rig and the kid :-)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 31, 2013, 09:48 AM NHFT
Yea a race between the big rig and the kid :-)

Yeah baby!

Oh course, no Ben Hur hubs of any kind.

Dave Ridley

So:  Grafton Apple Festival is the last Sunday of every September, at Peaceful Assembly Church from... roughly what time to what time?  And what's the exact address? And the backup date in the event of terrible weather?   Where would a postponement announcement, if any, appear?  I'm making an ad for it and want to make sure there are no errors in it.

The idea of a transportation-devices-contest on a private road sounds fairly powerful and visual....if that's going to really happen I'd like to know before Sept. 2, by which time the ad will need to be finished and running.  I guess post the answers here if you know them....  and thanks in advance!

MaineShark

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on August 31, 2013, 11:26 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 31, 2013, 09:48 AM NHFTYea a race between the big rig and the kid :-)
Yeah baby!

Doesn't it say, "Official Police [something]" on that truck's fender?

Anyone imagine how the cops would react if someone other than they were driving around with spikes like that?

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: MaineShark on August 31, 2013, 03:19 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on August 31, 2013, 11:26 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 31, 2013, 09:48 AM NHFTYea a race between the big rig and the kid :-)
Yeah baby!

Doesn't it say, "Official Police [something]" on that truck's fender?

Anyone imagine how the cops would react if someone other than they were driving around with spikes like that?

Ahh, yes...  we were laughing and wondering if anyone else would notice.  ;D Your'e the winner!  :icon_pirat:

Russell Kanning

I would say noon to five. If it rains we just go inside and wish we were riding bikes.
We could do the race next to the rec field.
We can
They have those but covers all over the place quite menacing.we don't. What is your proposed distance oh diminutive one?
860 main st or just Grafton Center on Google maps.:-)

Dave Ridley

How does this sound for the ad?

"Did you know that the Grafton Apple Festival is now on the same day every year? It runs basicaly all afternoon the last Sunday in September.... Their *may* be a "bizarre vehicle race."   And you can make some cider with their antique...uh... cider thing!  Either way...it's your chance to experience the freest town in the freest state.  See the video descrip for a link with details.  Jingle:  Grafton Apple Festival's great... it's the last September sunday date."

Russell Kanning

good
I am laying down some rubber here on a drag strip in NC practicing

Dave Ridley

Here are the summarized details regarding September 2013's Grafton Apple Festival.  This is the post I will link to from the video descrip:

Grafton Apple Festival 2013

When: September 29, 2013...roughly 12p-5p.
Where: 860 Main St. aka Grafton Center aka Peaceful Assembly Church.  Grafton, NH
What:  Make apple cider with an antique apple press, participate in a possible "bizarre vehicle race."
Who:  Who knows?  But liberty luminary and civil disobedience ace Russel Kanning is expected to be there to provide the world's second most entertaining conversation.  A wookiee is expected to appear and provide no conversation.  And I think the creators of the first memorial to freedom martyrs will be there...as well as the memorial!   Last year there were multiple musicians, and I assume you can tour the very interesting church.
Why:  Experience the freest town in the freest state during New Hampshire's glorious autumn.

Russell Kanning

man I lost an L and am second to someone

jerry

Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 01, 2013, 10:32 AM NHFT
man I lost an L and am second to someone

I think Llloyd took your extra L when he LLeft.