• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Cheap food - limited time

Started by MaineShark, August 31, 2013, 03:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MaineShark

Anyone familiar with West Lebanon knows that there are two Shaw's supermarkets, on 12A - one just north of I-89 and one just south.  This has generally been seen as fairly ridiculous, and apparently Shaw's finally agreed with that sentiment.

So, the store south of I-89 is closing.  They're selling the remaining food at ridiculously low prices.  Percentages vary, but I just totalled my shopping trip, and it averaged out to a 48% discount.  Some items were discounted as much as 70%.

Shelves were getting sparse, but there was still quite a bit there when I left, this afternoon.  Anyone in the area who has some spare funds and storage space might want to go and see what they can find.

Jim Johnson

The same thing is happening in Keene.

Tom Sawyer

Johnson prefers to buy "used" food... no seriously!  ;D

Jim Johnson

Yes.  But the used food store is closed now.

Kat Kanning

WithoutAPaddle

They had announced the New Hampshire store closings about a month ago.  http://windham.patch.com/groups/business-news/p/shaws-closing-6-nh-stores_5170a5a6

Meanwhile, the soap opera that is Market Basket (formerly, Demoulas), continues: http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2013/08/23/market-basket-board-votes-distribute-million-owners/g7Y0pXNiLRVIYDjESTQfUL/story.html

Jim Johnson

Kat Kanning

Well, tell him for me that he should watch it.  It has a really good part about used food.

Jim Johnson

He says that it would be really funny if Roger Moore choked on a twinkie and went to hell.

I'm just passing stuff along.

And I really don't know if he meant twinky or twinkie.

Pat K

I expect you to die by Twinkie you horrible James Bond .

Kat Kanning

Well tell him that if there were two of him, we could call them Johnson and Johnson and it would be really funny.

Russell Kanning

This cheap food is getting to you people.

dalebert

Quote from: Jim Johnson on August 31, 2013, 08:35 PM NHFT

Well in the gay world, a twinky means a cute young man, so...

Jim Johnson

Quote from: dalebert on September 01, 2013, 09:28 AM NHFT
Quote from: Jim Johnson on August 31, 2013, 08:35 PM NHFT

Well in the gay world, a twinky means a cute young man, so...

He says, "Either one then." 

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Pat K on August 31, 2013, 08:59 PM NHFT
I expect you to die by Twinkie you horrible James Bond .

Another pastry death... this seems to be a recurring theme around you.  ;D