• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Hulaween

Started by Jim Johnson, September 05, 2013, 09:50 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryswife

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on October 24, 2013, 07:39 PM NHFT
William had on a tri-corner hat earlier. Made us think, with his long hair, he could go as young Jerry junior curmudgeon in training.  ;D :icon_pirat:

Start that curmudgeon training young, it takes a long time to reach the pinnacle Lloyd achieved, Jerry is working on it but he hasn't reached Lloyd's level --he truly was a master of curmudgeonliness.

Jim Johnson

1.  a bad-tempered or surly person.

2.  a person (especially an old man) who is easily annoyed or angered and who often complains.

3.  An ill-tempered (and frequently old) person full of stubborn ideas or opinions.

I never found Lloyd to be ill tempered.

Tom Sawyer

The older I get the more I understand the grumpy old guy syndrome.

"Jesus, I've seen this BS so many times before."

History does indeed repeat itself. Different cast of characters, same behavior.  ;D

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on October 25, 2013, 11:24 AM NHFT

History does indeed repeat itself. Different cast of characters, same behavior.  ;D

"Jesus, I've seen this BS so many times before.", is why people think we're wise.

"Jesus Christ, we did that back in the 60's and it didn't fix a god damn thing." - Lloyd

dalebert

As I sense myself getting older, I see the end approaching at which point nothing I do right now will matter, at least in terms of personal consequences. I think I have stopped caring as much what people think of me and that will probably just continue. I can foresee that coming across as curmudgeonly.

I never thought Lloyd seemed curmudgeonly. He always seemed pretty laid back and friendly.

jerryswife

Regardless of the dictionary definition, I think the idea of curmudgeon has evolved from that meaning to one of lovable gruffness that doesn't truck foolishness and has a worldy wiseness.

Free libertarian

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on October 25, 2013, 11:24 AM NHFT

Given your attitude it is possible you may have passed on the curmudgeon gene to your son.  HE may be the chosen one.  We must wait for a sign.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: jerryswife on October 24, 2013, 12:05 PM NHFT
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2008-07-24-pedicures_n.htm

instead of pirahnas, why not raffis, if they work on feet it could be like a facial....
I was thinking along those lines

Russell Kanning

William had on a tri-corner hat earlier. Made us think, with his long hair, he could go as young Jerry junior curmudgeon in training.  ;D :icon_pirat:
I can't see him smokin ..... but they do both have a similar devilish grin when they tell a joke. :)

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 26, 2013, 07:16 AM NHFT
I can't see him smokin ..... but they do both have a similar devilish grin when they tell a joke. :)

I've seen him with the candy cigarettes.

Jim Johnson

I have my aloha shirt picked out!

Pat K

Jim Johnson

Pat K

I hope a good time is being had by all!

Drink a Beer for me!

Russell Kanning