• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Pet videos and GIFs

Started by dalebert, September 12, 2013, 06:46 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

dalebert

dalebert

dalebert

dalebert

They're apparently CRAZY intelligent. Researchers have also put food inside a jar and they have figured out how to unscrew it and get to the food in less than an hour. That's at FIRST exposure to a jar. Cthulhu is REAL!

WithoutAPaddle

The "Octupus-and-the-jar" thing has been known for a long time.  I remember a decade ago, reading that once the octopus eventually figures out how to open the jar, he will open it more readily if it's contents are immediately replenished, but his retention of his knowledge of how to open it dissipates within a day and he will basically be back to square one by then.

dalebert

Jim Johnson

Quote from: WithoutAPaddle on March 24, 2014, 08:30 AM NHFT
The "Octupus-and-the-jar" thing has been known for a long time.  I remember a decade ago, reading that once the octopus eventually figures out how to open the jar, he will open it more readily if it's contents are immediately replenished, but his retention of his knowledge of how to open it dissipates within a day and he will basically be back to square one by then.

I've known people who have to be retrained after lunch.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on March 24, 2014, 02:48 PM NHFT

Hey I thought I did pretty well after that three martini lunch!     ::lloyds::

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 24, 2014, 06:10 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jim Johnson on March 24, 2014, 02:48 PM NHFT

Hey I thought I did pretty well after that three martini lunch!     ::lloyds::

....and so you did.  Best Sugar Pants Dance ever.

dalebert

dalebert

dalebert

dalebert