• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Russell Kanning to Speak on Civil Disobedience Panel at Keenevention!

Started by FTL_Ian, October 12, 2013, 02:33 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Presented by the star of Derrick J's Victimless Crime Spree? and the host of Peace News Now?, Derrick J Freeman – this panel will focus on perhaps the most controversial form of activism – civil disobedience and noncooperation. Is it "poisoning the well"? How do you stay cool under threat from aggressors? Come ask your question of this panel of experienced civ dis activists.

Keenevention is certainly not the first time a civil disobedience panel has been presented at a liberty gathering, but it is the first time in many years that Russell Kanning, one of the original movers to Keene, returns to the stage! Russell was instrumental in making Keene the destination for future waves of activists who would emulate his peaceful disobedience. Russell will be joined by another original Free State Project? mover and liberty civil disobedience pioneer, Lauren Canario. Plus, Ademo Freeman, the founder of Cop Block? will bring his expertise to the discussion. All of our panelists and the presenter have been arrested on multiple instances of civ dis and have spent time behind bars. Was it worth it? Come find out.

You can get the full schedule, hotel info, and tickets for just $50 for the whole weekend on the Keenevention site:

http://keenevention.info/2013/10/12/epic-civil-disobedience-panel-to-feature-russell-kanning-lauren-canario-ademo-freeman-derrick-j/

Russell Kanning

John

Tom Sawyer

I would hope you would address the purity of motive aspect of CD. Coming from the right place... more than just being against the man.

Ghandi and Martin Luther King as opposed to, oh I don't know, Anarcho Jesse I suppose.

Russell Kanning

if you are there .... you can bring it up :)
probably we will just answer questions
but when the subject of how to take the pressure of the thugs comes up ..... it is all about your state of mind

dalebert

On a side note, I'll be on the LGBT panel Saturday morning at 9am, long before anyone wakes up from partying the night before.

Pat K

Quote from: dalebert on October 13, 2013, 11:50 AM NHFT
On a side note, I'll be on the LGBT panel Saturday morning at 9am, long before anyone wakes up from partying the night before.

Dale and a hang over...........

Pat K

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on October 13, 2013, 08:07 AM NHFT
I would hope you would address the purity of motive aspect of CD. Coming from the right place... more than just being against the man.

Ghandi and Martin Luther King as opposed to, oh I don't know, Anarcho Jesse I suppose.

Hey don't be hating on my man Jesse.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Pat K on October 13, 2013, 06:13 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on October 13, 2013, 08:07 AM NHFT

Hey don't be hating on my man Jesse.

Oh did he send you a box of donuts to make amends?

Pat K

Russell Kanning

KBCraig

Pat K

Russell Kanning

been thinking about what all I would like to say ...... not sure how much time I will end up with to say it :)

John

The Peaceful Rebel - a song from 2006(?) by John Connell

At a prison out in Dover
As the heat wave passes through
He's as peaceful as was Jesus
And the gaurds all know it's true

They don't know what to make of him
He won't put up a fight
He wakes up smiling every day
And he smiles throughout the night

It is hauntingly familiar
As they watch him through the door