• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

porc plumber needed

Started by firecracker joe, October 16, 2013, 06:28 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

firecracker joe

I am looking for a plumber who can figure out my waer pump problems if anyone is interested i can be reached at jjoserox@aol.com or message me at nhfree

MaineShark

Jim Johnson

firecracker joe

pump seems to work fine it holds pressure turns off and off at the proper pressures but will not build up the pressure without assistance . when the pipes  were done dirt got into the system and i am wondering if that would change the pressure switches I am tired of messing with it and would prefer to pay someone even if i need a new pump put in just thought i would prefer to pay a free stater as anyone and good plumbers are hard to come by. anyone interested let me know.

MaineShark

Is the pump an in-well pump, or a suction pump located in your house?

I'm switching from a suction pump to an in-well pump, so I'll have a whole suction pump, tank, and pressure switch setup available.  So, if you have a suction pump, I could just sell you an entire replacement setup.

firecracker joe

it  is a in home pump and holding tank it came from a house down the street the  suction pump located in the house. funny thing is the pump is exactly what you are offering according to the home owner   it was used minimally . I did not purchase it  it was purchased by the last tennants here to replace the old pump . cause the other pugrevating me.mp would not shut off. It is really ag

Jim Johnson

Quote from: firecracker joe on October 18, 2013, 07:53 PM NHFT
it  is a in home pump and holding tank it came from a house down the street the  suction pump located in the house. funny thing is the pump is exactly what you are offering according to the home owner   it was used minimally . I did not purchase it  it was purchased by the last tennants here to replace the old pump . cause the other pugrevating me.mp would not shut off. It is really ag

There should be a device down in the well that uses pumped water to force more water out of the well.  It's a venturi jet, I forget the proper name for it.  The orifice for that jet breaks down over time. 

Jim Johnson

Do you have two pipes that exit from the pump and go to the well?

It would probably look like there are three pipes coming off the pump; one that goes to the pressure tank and two that go to the well.  Or a pipe that comes off the pressure tank that goes to the well.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/improvement/electrical-plumbing/1275136

Jim Johnson

MaineShark

"Venturi" is the proper name, but they're pretty rare, these days.  Most folks either have a suction pump, or a submersible pump - submersible pumps have come down in cost to the point that most folks who have a deep well with a venturi pump that fails, will just replace it with a submersible, so the venturis are getting rare.

firecracker joe

1 pipe from well to pump then one pipe from tank to water lines . pump is on top of holking tank. the well is a dug well and has only run dry once since the 60's

Jim Johnson

Quote from: firecracker joe on October 18, 2013, 03:09 PM NHFT
pump seems to work fine it holds pressure turns off and off at the proper pressures but will not build up the pressure without assistance . when the pipes  were done dirt got into the system and i am wondering if that would change the pressure switches I am tired of messing with it and would prefer to pay someone even if i need a new pump put in just thought i would prefer to pay a free stater as anyone and good plumbers are hard to come by. anyone interested let me know.

After rereading the symptoms; the pressure tank is not hold air inside in the tank.  Maybe a new pressure tank is the answer.

KBCraig

Or, check the fittings on the pressure tank. If it has a pressure gauge, make sure it's not leaking.

The air side tends to leak more than the water side.

firecracker joe

i wish it were that simple. pressure holds , all fittings are tight

Free libertarian