• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Here's some pretty neat bear pictures by the shed this summer

Started by Raineyrocks, November 05, 2013, 03:12 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Friday

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Friday on November 05, 2013, 03:49 PM NHFT
I'm jealous! I still have never seen a wild bear.

If you really want to just come and stay over one night next summer and we will leave a trash bag out, they will come.  :)  Rick had to make clamps for the shed doors so the bears would stop ripping them open.

Jim Johnson

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Jim Johnson on November 05, 2013, 04:20 PM NHFT
What the hell did the bear need the rake for?

Ha, that's funny I never noticed what that looked like before.  :)   Rick had a shovel or rake propped up somehow to hopefully stop the bears from breaking in and I guess the bear was moving it out of his way.

Jim Johnson

...he's got a pot grow, some place out in the woods, and he's using your tools.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Jim Johnson on November 05, 2013, 04:51 PM NHFT
...he's got a pot grow, some place out in the woods, and he's using your tools.

Damn and he ate our trash and didn't even share some of his stash!  I will have to investigate this further whenever I go "out there". ;D

Tom Sawyer

KBCraig

We haven't had any bears yet, but my next door neighbor was at deer camp a few years ago when his wife was watching TV and a big bear stuck his head through the living room window.  ;)

We did have one bobcat/lynx sighting last spring.

But the deer must know it's muzzle loading season, since they've moved into our back yard and the small woods behind our place. I'm sure they're loading up on the apples. Every time after dark that they take the dogs out to the dog yard (fenced in behind our garage), they see one or more deer bolt out of the yard and into the woods.

Mary commented about how big the deer are in NH, based on nothing more than a fat butt and a big white tail disappearing into the dark. It's true. I slowed down to avoid hitting a couple of does in TX on Sunday. They stepped just off the road and stood there staring at me. If I hadn't been on my way to work, I almost could have reached out and snatched one up by the scruff of her neck. I don't think she'd have gone along quietly, but she probably didn't weigh over 60 pounds. Typical Texas deer.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 06, 2013, 07:10 AM NHFT
That's pretty cool.  :)

Here's a video from when the Bear Family Visited

Wow, that was awesome!  I've never seen a whole bear family only one cub and I guess the mother, how cool!  Was William close to them when he was filming them?

Thanks for posting the link, very neato!  ;D

Raineyrocks

Quote from: KBCraig on November 07, 2013, 05:14 AM NHFT
We haven't had any bears yet, but my next door neighbor was at deer camp a few years ago when his wife was watching TV and a big bear stuck his head through the living room window.  ;)

We did have one bobcat/lynx sighting last spring.

But the deer must know it's muzzle loading season, since they've moved into our back yard and the small woods behind our place. I'm sure they're loading up on the apples. Every time after dark that they take the dogs out to the dog yard (fenced in behind our garage), they see one or more deer bolt out of the yard and into the woods.

Mary commented about how big the deer are in NH, based on nothing more than a fat butt and a big white tail disappearing into the dark. It's true. I slowed down to avoid hitting a couple of does in TX on Sunday. They stepped just off the road and stood there staring at me. If I hadn't been on my way to work, I almost could have reached out and snatched one up by the scruff of her neck. I don't think she'd have gone along quietly, but she probably didn't weigh over 60 pounds. Typical Texas deer.

I thought about you guys the past 3 times I've taken Lil' Ricky to the dentist wondering if you guys lived near where I had to drive through, rte 3 and 115.  Anyways I was thinking if you did you must have seen a lot of moose because those are the areas where I've seen the most moose.

Yup, Mary thought the same thing I did about the deer up here then comparing them to the many I've seen in Pennsylvania and Maryland.  Nice, bigger, and healthy looking!  We were concerned about one bear we kept seeing this summer because he didn't look that fat and I'm sure they are probably more aggressive if they aren't getting enough to eat.

Rick even commented on the mice up here because when he goes into his shed to get the trash the mice usually don't run they just stare him down and he said they are a lot bigger than the ones he's seen in Maryland.  :o