• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Bank question

Started by Raineyrocks, November 07, 2013, 06:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Besides the obvious answer of "none", what is a good bank with low regulatory stuff to open an account in?  I mean like not having limits on cash withdrawals and atm purchases?  Not having to go through all kinds of crap to make international orders online with your debit card?

I know I'm grasping here but it never hurts to ask!  :)

Jim Johnson

Raineyrocks

MaineShark

A lot of those limits are part of the card processing setup.  Banks don't do their own card processing (if they did, you could only use your card at merchants with whom they had a contract).  They use companies like Visa or MasterCard to do the processing, since nearly any company that takes cards, will take those.  And they tend to have daily limits, to reduce their risk if a card is stolen.

Also, small standalong ATM's may have stricter internal limits, simply because they have limited amounts of cash, and the operators want to make sure that they don't run out on a regular basis.  An ATM that's attached to the bank, itself, may be able to dispense more cash.  But there are still going to be daily limits - $1000, $5000, or whatever.

Small local banks tend to be more flexible with policies.  Small local banks tend to have lower daily limits, since they don't tend to have the same capital reserves as a large bank.  So you're not likely to find a single perfect solution to your requirements.

Raineyrocks

Thanks MaineShark!  I've decided to go with a smaller bank to avoid all the technical bull of a larger bank, I think it's worth the deficits.  :)