• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

This isn't working

Started by jerry, November 12, 2013, 09:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Free libertarian

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 13, 2013, 10:13 AM NHFT
thanks jerry
I just approve anyone that isn't a robot and leave the rest
I don't know exactly how to get Kat to do forum things ...... she has to be in just the right mood and me saying anything probably ruins it .... so let's just pretend I didn't say anything

What??!!  You can't herd Kats?

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Raineyrocks on November 21, 2013, 04:44 PM NHFT
This is all news to me.  I'm a moderator, aren't I?   I don't see any of this stuff, I don't know why.  :-\

Hello?  :)    Am I suppose to be performing certain duties as a moderator? 

Oh, wait a minute! :duh:  Once in a while I get emails like this : Raineyrocks,

This email contains a summary of all items awaiting approval at New Hampshire Underground.

The following topics are awaiting approval:

I didn't copy the whole thing in case this supposed to be private, but whenever I click on the link to it, they say this topic does not exist.

So what do I do?

jerry

Quote from: Raineyrocks on November 22, 2013, 06:56 AM NHFT
Quote from: Raineyrocks on November 21, 2013, 04:44 PM NHFT
This is all news to me.  I'm a moderator, aren't I?   I don't see any of this stuff, I don't know why.  :-\

Hello?  :)    Am I suppose to be performing certain duties as a moderator? 

Oh, wait a minute! :duh:  Once in a while I get emails like this : Raineyrocks,

This email contains a summary of all items awaiting approval at New Hampshire Underground.

The following topics are awaiting approval:

I didn't copy the whole thing in case this supposed to be private, but whenever I click on the link to it, they say this topic does not exist.

So what do I do?

If it does not exist that means some other moderator has already deleted it.

Here's one http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=26145.msg352137#msg352137

I'll not delete so you can see it
What you as a moderator should do is click on the sender's name and under Profile>>Actions>>Ban this User>>check the box Ban on IP>>Add
( DO NOT Delete the account instead of Banning)

Then using your browser's back arrow, until you get back to the message find the Remove button, click it, and you're done.

Raineyrocks

Thank you so much Jerry :)

When I clicked on the link it came up: An Error Has Occurred!
This topic doesn't exist on this board.

So I couldn't go through the steps you told me to.  How do you know when you should ban or add somebody?

jerry

Quote from: Raineyrocks on November 22, 2013, 09:52 AM NHFT

So I couldn't go through the steps you told me to.  How do you know when you should ban or add somebody?

I dunno what to tell you.  When I click on the link the spam message shows up touting Uggs , Victoria secret and beats by dre.

Are you sure you are still a moderator?

Raineyrocks

Quote from: jerry on November 22, 2013, 10:12 AM NHFT

I dunno what to tell you.  When I click on the link the spam message shows up touting Uggs , Victoria secret and beats by dre.

Gosh, I think so because I get those emails once in awhile.  It says I'm a moderator under TMI and Insufferable Peppiness and Gloating.  I don't know. :-\

jerry

Quote from: Raineyrocks on November 22, 2013, 11:48 AM NHFT
Quote from: jerry on November 22, 2013, 10:12 AM NHFT

Gosh, I think so because I get those emails once in awhile.  It says I'm a moderator under TMI and Insufferable Peppiness and Gloating.  I don't know. :-\

You only have access in the areas you moderate.
here's one from your area
http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=26146.msg336994#new

Raineyrocks

That's so strange because if that's from my area I'm still coming up with this from your link: An Error Has Occurred!

jerry

Quote from: Raineyrocks on November 22, 2013, 12:13 PM NHFT
That's so strange because if that's from my area I'm still coming up with this from your link: An Error Has Occurred!
It's the second subject in Insufferable Preppiness and Gloating, touting Air Jordon shoes  in French.

I'm just a global moderator.  You need an administrator to explain this one.

Raineyrocks

Okay thanks Jerry. :)   I think I need to update some things, it seems like my settings are outdated. 

Raineyrocks

I can't update the version I need under Admin tab.  I've tried everything I can think of.  Does anyone that's a moderator want to call me and help explain how to update this?

If you do just send me a message and I will give you my phone number but please have patience with me through the process. ;D

I need a whole walk through because I can't even find a file associated/compatible whatever with the download.

jerry

Quote from: Raineyrocks on November 22, 2013, 02:19 PM NHFT
I can't update the version I need under Admin tab.  I've tried everything I can think of.  Does anyone that's a moderator want to call me and help explain how to update this?

If you do just send me a message and I will give you my phone number but please have patience with me through the process. ;D

I need a whole walk through because I can't even find a file associated/compatible whatever with the download.

sorry Rainey, that's not the solution; you can't upgrade the SMF forum, only Kat can do that.

If you really want to get involved with blocking spammers (I don't reccomend it--they are horrible people and it can be terribly frustrating) you might try emailing Kat and asking if she has set your permissions to allow that.

Raineyrocks

Okay thanks Jerry :)  I don't think it was asking me to upgrade the SMF forum, it just said that I needed to update to a higher SMF than 2.02, it said the current SMF version was 2.06.

I was thinking though that maybe it's better if I don't because everything has been running fine I just thought I could be helpful but I really don't know what I'm doing. :P

I will if Kat needs me to though.  :)  Thank you very much again!  ;D

jerry

Quote from: Raineyrocks on November 22, 2013, 03:29 PM NHFT
Okay thanks Jerry :)  I don't think it was asking me to upgrade the SMF forum, it just said that I needed to update to a higher SMF than 2.02, it said the current SMF version was 2.06.

I was thinking though that maybe it's better if I don't because everything has been running fine I just thought I could be helpful but I really don't know what I'm doing. :P

I will if Kat needs me to though.  :)  Thank you very much again!  ;D

According to Russel, Kat's attitude is to ignore them as long as the regular users can't see them
I'm just obsessive about not letting spammers gain any benefit from what they are doing.

Silent_Bob

Quote from: jerry on November 22, 2013, 12:26 PM NHFT
Quote from: Raineyrocks on November 22, 2013, 12:13 PM NHFT
It's the second subject in Insufferable Preppiness and Gloating, touting Air Jordon shoes  in French.

Are you sure that isn't Rich? :)