• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

This isn't working

Started by jerry, November 12, 2013, 09:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

ha ha Silent Bob
Jerry thanks

Rainey your main job here is to be the public face of this organization to the State representatives of NH. No geek chores expected of our BLONDE

jerry

Quote from: Silent_Bob on November 22, 2013, 05:27 PM NHFT
Quote from: jerry on November 22, 2013, 12:26 PM NHFT
Quote from: Raineyrocks on November 22, 2013, 12:13 PM NHFT
That's so strange because if that's from my area I'm still coming up with this from your link: An Error Has Occurred!
This topic doesn't exist on this board.
It's the second subject in Insufferable Preppiness and Gloating, touting Air Jordon shoes  in French.

Are you sure that isn't Rich? :)

I thought Rich was in South America.
The spammer's IP was from China, maybe he's getting around more.

John

I've deleted hundreds of spam, but never knew about banning spammers.
Thanks. I'll be doing that now.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 22, 2013, 07:00 PM NHFT
ha ha Silent Bob
Jerry thanks

Rainey your main job here is to be the public face of this organization to the State representatives of NH. No geek chores expected of our BLONDE

Gee thanks Russell :)   Wait a minute, serious question here!  What if I dye my hair black?  Does that mean I'm fired?

Russell Kanning

we could take a vote .... but to some of us you will always be the BLONDE

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Russell Kanning on December 08, 2013, 12:18 PM NHFT
we could take a vote .... but to some of us you will always be the BLONDE

;D   I love it as long as everyone knows that I am intelligent it just comes out in different ways or words and of course dippy at the same time :)  I am ME; I am the "BLONDE", I accept this 'position' with honor, thanks Russell!

jerry

Spam Project Update:

Well it's taken several weeks, but I think I've got a handle on our spam problem.
Today there were only 8 spammers that registered accounts and I caught most of them before they were able to post.

I think I've banned most of Asia and Eastern Europe's major spammers and I noticed they are using up their more valuable IP address;  mostly open relays and compromised computers in Canada and the US.

If you are a moderator or administrator you can look at the Ban List and see the results.  I've been putting the country of origin  and number of entries in the StopForumSpam database in the Notes section.

PLEASE, PLEASE do not delete these accounts or all my work will have been for naught.  The spammers still show up on a daily basis, but when they are blocked their scripts just go on to the next forum.  If the account is deleted, the script will register a new account and I will have to start over.

I don't think I have, but if a non-spammer complains of being unfairly banned,  check their IP address against one of the spam databases (I like StopForumSpam,) and tell them to run a virus check on their computer if you get a positive result.

John

Thanks for all your work Jerry.

Russell Kanning