• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lost liberty hotel rally Jan 21

Started by Dave Ridley, January 06, 2006, 04:45 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Integrity

Thats the Idea !!!!!? ?;D? ?To inform the inquizitave persons that ask what does all that mean,? ?If you read how it is written.? it? is to invoke comments,? And EVERY day at least 5 persons on the street stop to talk to me about it,? ? ? and you would be suprised just how many people have no idea about the Kelo descision and? more importantly the ramifications of the desison.? I hope they fix the laws soon This paint job is slowing me Down !? ?The ( Architect )

Integrity

Hey, U get a bus and I;ll do it up for ya  , Creative custom fabricator / builder and like to paint,      Flames maby  ?? ,   ;D

Dave Ridley

good work cfp; thank you for doing this!

cfp

you're welcome.. :)
but i have a question.        what do [some] people have against mr. clemens?  i've only
seen him speak once,,,  didn't warrant much of an opinion either way. 
i  view/ listen to everyone with a suspicious eye,, but he didn't strike me as particulary
evil  or  self-righteous.........are there ego's involved with other folks?
it's too bad that  people who are as disgusted with  this land grab issue as i ,,will stay away because of
a dislike for this guy.     however, i can relate,,,  if i have disdain for someone,, i don't want to 'sell
out' by  associating with them.     it just seems like the proverbial  ' cutting off the nose to
spite the face'.... :-\]

KBCraig

Quote from: cfp on January 21, 2006, 11:56 AM NHFT
what do [some] people have against mr. clemens?

I, like a lot of people, enjoy the publicity that he's brought to the issue, but I don't support taking anyone's property through ED, even Souter's. Since his proposals cannot legally succeed, there's no real harm in them.

But, there are some people who resent that Clement is getting so much publicity, while those people are also quietly moving in the background with a plan that could possibly succeed. They don't want Clement wrecking their plan by shining too much light on Weare, because they hope to punish Souter by successfully taking his property.

That's obviously a simplification, one that I hope doesn't hurt anyone's feelings. No ill will intended.

Kevin

cfp

They don't want Clement wrecking their plan by shining too much light on Weare, because they hope to punish Souter by successfully taking his property.

huh?   some are resentful that he wants to take souter's property,,,, because.... others want to take souter's property.
ok,, yes,, that IS a simplification. ;D

i appreciate you giving me your time and  input.        i wasn't aware  [other than mumblings], that there was a serious, legal plan being laid.
i'm going up tomorrow morning.  i like to listen, observe people's behaviour and come to my own decision as to where i stand.
i'm hoping though, that there will be debate,,,or at least  a counter as to why his plan may or may not work.

Pat McCotter

Today's CM has story on this. Not online at this time.

CNHT

Quote from: KBCraig on January 21, 2006, 04:45 PM NHFT
Quote from: cfp on January 21, 2006, 11:56 AM NHFT
what do [some] people have against mr. clemens?

I, like a lot of people, enjoy the publicity that he's brought to the issue, but I don't support taking anyone's property through ED, even Souter's. Since his proposals cannot legally succeed, there's no real harm in them.

But, there are some people who resent that Clement is getting so much publicity, while those people are also quietly moving in the background with a plan that could possibly succeed. They don't want Clement wrecking their plan by shining too much light on Weare, because they hope to punish Souter by successfully taking his property.

That's obviously a simplification, one that I hope doesn't hurt anyone's feelings. No ill will intended.

Kevin

Kevin not to worry. When Clements fails, we are poised to move in and be successful.

CNHT

Quote from: cfp on January 21, 2006, 08:02 PM NHFT
  i wasn't aware  [other than mumblings], that there was a serious, legal plan being laid.

The press won't cover it because it CAN succeed. They'd rather focus on the person who is making a fool of himself.

cfp

well, we were up there at 8.       not a soul around.

maybe it was't going to be a 'discussion' or forum  anyhow.  wasted trip.
however,,,, where can i read/hear about what  the  CNHT's plans are?
i very much want to stay active and informed,,even though it's not MY
town.
what  can 'we' do to participate?

CNHT

Quote from: cfp on January 22, 2006, 03:31 PM NHFT
well, we were up there at 8.       not a soul around.

maybe it was't going to be a 'discussion' or forum  anyhow.  wasted trip.
however,,,, where can i read/hear about what  the  CNHT's plans are?
i very much want to stay active and informed,,even though it's not MY
town.
what  can 'we' do to participate?

Go to the website and sign up for the e-blast.

CNHT

KBCraig

Quote from: Dreepa on January 23, 2006, 12:49 PM NHFT
Here is an article in today's paper:

http://concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060123/REPOSITORY/601230339/1001/NEWS01
and on 1/22:
http://concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060122/REPOSITORY/601220395/1001/NEWS01

QuoteWeare selectwoman Heleen Kurk said she doesn't think the warrant article has a chance.

"I can't imagine that more than a handful of people in Weare who side with this idea," she said. "The thing I keep falling back to is, it wasn't that any of the five judges said, 'Go ahead and take people's property.' They said, 'Look, this is a state's issue, and it's up the state to fix the problem.'"

Thank God somebody in Weare gets the real issue!

CNHT

Quote from: wholetthedogin? on January 23, 2006, 01:00 PM NHFT
You claimed you did it this year, what happened?

We don't want two articles on the ballot so it was withdrawn when Clements started his ill-advised circus.
We will resubmit ours, which was there from nearly the day Kelo was decided, next year.