• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Phil Donahue, 1981, worth an hour of your time :)

Started by KBCraig, November 16, 2013, 04:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

I had to smile along with this, because I graduated high school in 1981, when home schooling was very controversial. The only family in our county who had a child not enrolled in public school used the Calvert School, and still had to fight the school board in our tiny rural Arkansas town.

Both parents were college graduates and certified teachers... not that it should matter, but just keeping things in perspective about "back then".

Oh, and don't skip the commercials. Have the kids watch them, as a history and sociology lesson. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxZEEBiTp-s&feature=youtu.be

WithoutAPaddle

He was 45 years old at the time.  When did his hair turn white?  I'm 62 and mine is still brown... at least, what I have left of it.

KBCraig

I was pretty well salt-and-pepper by 25. I'm solid white now at 50.

WithoutAPaddle

Donahue was interviewed tonight on Thom Hartmann's, Interviews with Great Minds on RT (Russia Today).  The full length interview is available on their website.

Donahue is about 80 years old and slowing down, and the interview started poorly but he got rolling after about ten minutes.  I think what had Donahue slightly disoriented was that he had been the guest on Hartmann's radio show immediately before the television taping and so Hartmann had to reintroduce the background material to the TV audience.