• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Liberty Tree Society "Liberty Festival"

Started by AlanM, January 29, 2005, 08:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanM

I have been thinking that it might be an idea to have a Liberty Festival this summer. The sort of event that is fun as well as informative. Anyone else like the idea? More and more liberty lovers are either moving into NH, or coming out of the woodwork. Let's get together and celebrate Liberty!  :)

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Yes Alan, Good Idea!
Go ahead and arrange it, and, I'll show up 8)

Karl

There is of course a big one already planned -- PorcFest 2005!

There are already 87 people committed to attending, and its still early.

http://www.freestateproject.org/news/festival/

John

. . . and one of us who is committed who hasn't told any one yet, but will have the same tent site as last year. 

FSPinNY

Sounds good - I'll drive up to visit!

Brian Sullivan

Kat Kanning

Quote from: John on January 30, 2005, 12:45 AM NHFT
. . . and one of us who is committed who hasn't told any one yet, but will have the same tent site as last year. 

I wondered why you always wore that white jacket!  ;)

Russell Kanning

I really like the idea of a Liberty Festival. There are many people from Southern NH that for whatever reason can't make the PorcFest. Many more people could plan a few months in advance for a bug Saturday bash or how about 4th of July. Instead of just doing something in your town....how about one big Libery Festival on the 4th?  :D

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: FSPinNY on January 30, 2005, 12:57 AM NHFT

Brian Sullivan

Visit Hell, We expect you up there for at least 4-5 days, Brian. ;D

Lloyd

Russell Kanning

AlanM

I was imagining it would be somewhere in the southern part of the state, since porcfest is in the north. Also, at least a week separation between the two.
Porcfest, although it is open to the public, is more FSP centered. I feel there should be an open, NH-centric celebration, hopefully pulling in participation from lots of Liberty oriented groups, NHLA, GONH, LSF, etc.

Russell Kanning

Exactly.
I think if we plan far enough in advance and choose a central location, we can get a lot more people than Porcfest can attract.

AlanM

Greeley Park in Nashua is a very big park that is very nice. It has a stage on one side of the street, and more on the other side. The street gets lots of traffic, for exposure.

FSPinNY

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 30, 2005, 08:05 AM NHFT
Quote from: FSPinNY on January 30, 2005, 12:57 AM NHFT

Brian Sullivan

Visit Hell, We expect you up there for at least 4-5 days, Brian. ;D

Lloyd

One day I will do that, Lloyd!  My personal suggestion is that you leave a month, and preferably more time between the Porcfest and any new fest in Keene (and please have it in Keene, the new libertarian Mecca).  I, and many others, are planning to travel to the Porrcfest and are already planning to take time off from work for a 7-10 days to do that.  If the new 'festival' were a week or so away from that, we wouldn't be able to make it - or, I should say that I wouldn't be able to.  What about September?

Brian

AlanM

The second week in September wouldn't be a bad choice, or the last week in June could probably work. Are there any suitable parks in the Keene area? How about the one used for the UN flag burning?