• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Liberty Tree Society "Liberty Festival"

Started by AlanM, January 29, 2005, 08:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I like all of your idea Alan, but that kind of planning is beyond my abilities...maybe we could help you make something like that happen. :)

AlanM

Quote from: russellkanning on January 30, 2005, 04:44 PM NHFT
I like all of your idea Alan, but that kind of planning is beyond my abilities...maybe we could help you make something like that happen. :)

Let's do it together. Why don't we plan on it to be in Keene. If you can arrange for the park, take care of booth spaces, i.e. renting them out, and if we could find someone for publicity, that would be great. I could handle the skits. We could all work on the Recipe book. It would be great to find a strolling musician. If anyone knows of one that would be great. I knew one with the NESF, from Conn., but he had a lot of strange things happen in his life and he seems to have disappeared. I'll try to locate him. The dunking booth may be a bit much to tackle for the first festival, but we could have a bean bag toss, or something like that, at targets that are labeled as Foes of Liberty.
What say you? Are you game?

Russell Kanning

It is a possibility. I will have to plan with Jim what park and what we have to do to reserve the space. :)

Russell Kanning

How about we do this after the porcfest. Dawn Lincoln has wanted to do a Fall event for showing outsiders our leaves. :)

Kat Kanning

AlanM

Fine with me. I have a great idea for a recipe book!  ;) It's a secret, though.

Kat Kanning

Don't tell me about them!  I can't keep secrets :)

Scott Roth

So, anymore discussion on the "Liberty Festival"?

Russell Kanning

too big of an event for me to plan...but maybe someday by someone else :)

AlanM

Quote from: russellkanning on March 03, 2005, 08:36 AM NHFT
too big of an event for me to plan...but maybe someday by someone else :)
I agree. Maybe after we get more porces here, and more in-staters join in with us.

dawn

Agree that Alan's idea is wonderful but really big and a bit overwhelming to think about planning.

Russell, if you're willing to plan something, why not cut it down to something manageable and let it grow over the years? I could see starting with something as simple as a big cookout with fun and games, etc. at Wheelock Park in Keene. Maybe have a few extras, but keep it simple enough to plan without going nuts. I know that Wheelock has a pavillion area that can be rented that has grills and a covered area too.

I like the ideas of either 7/4 or 6/2. Since 6/2 is a Thursday, could be shifted to Saturday 6/4. Plus there's less competition for an event on 6/4 than on 7/4 (could be other 4th of July stuff going on that day).

Russell Kanning

I kind of like the idea of a set date like 4th of July that is a vacation day. But if we want this to grow to something big, then you are right we need to pick an easier day.
I really like the idea of starting a tradition....even if it is just a cookout. How about we have food from different parts of the country where people move from? Different styles of BBQ, chili etc....whatever people like to do best.
Do we want this for just NH residents ....or do we want to attract porcupines from around the country.....if so maybe it should be in the Fall so it is at a whole different time than Porcfest.
hhhhmmmmm

Russell Kanning

For the 4th of July we could have our own party each year in this area.....but for the Festival....it needs its own special time 8)

varrin

If any of you are just *itchin* to plan a big event, but don't have enough help... do it the other way around!  Porc Fest is gonna be huge and we still need a few people to help plan it.

And, though it's put on by the FSP, it's not as FSP-Centric as you might imagine.  CNHT and the LP have speakers confirmed on Saturday, the RLC has a seminar on Friday, and the NHLA has both a seminar on Friday and the Liberty Dinner on Saturday evening. 

E-me if you're interested in helping ;)  varrin@freestateproject.org

V-