• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Get a job."

Started by John, November 17, 2013, 02:10 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

I have a (too long for here, but "fun") story about a local guy telling me that I should maybe, "get a job" and pay "my" taxes.

AND, "Mr. (Wannabe) Hater-in-Chief" managed to time his telling me this to within a few days after I had just given away this property.

I was definitely "not really in the mood" for his BS, and told him so - - - quite strongly... :)
Our conversation got pretty heated, yet it somehow remained pretty "civil."

I told him that I would soon Forgive him, but that "right now" I was having a very hard time doing so.
He apologized for setting the nasty tone of this conversation...

Before it was over, though still not seeing eye-to-eye, we wished each other Peace...

I look forward to future conversations with him.

MaineShark

I agree that you should pay your taxes.

Do you owe yourself any taxes?  If so, I would encourage you to pay them immediately.

As for paying their taxes... that doesn't seem like such a good idea...

John

btw: I think he really did get it when I said something like, "I happen to be putting everything I've ever earned into working, every day, to promote more Peace and Forgiveness in the word. Maybe you don't consider working full-time at-one's-own-expense to be important enough to be "real work", but I do." :)

MaineShark

Yeah, that does seem like a more important job than flipping burgers, or somesuch.

Tom Sawyer

I think his (the hater's) view can be filed under "Misery Loves Company".

Nothing seems to irk some folks more than thinking somewhere, someone is not towing the same line they feel tied to.

Good on you John for taking a different path.

Russell Kanning

This happened a while ago right?
I would think over time people will understand what you are doing. Until then ... Get a real job!:O

Silent_Bob

KBCraig

Quote from: Silent_Bob on November 18, 2013, 01:41 AM NHFT
Quote from: John on November 17, 2013, 02:10 PM NHFT

Why?

Probably because John likes to persuade people through reason, logic, and love.

John

Quote from: Silent_Bob on November 18, 2013, 01:41 AM NHFT
Quote from: John on November 17, 2013, 02:10 PM NHFT

Why?

Well, until I completely give up, quit entirely, and go away, I'll likely continue communicating with those who seem at least a little interested (as am I) in learning something new - and maybe even moving toward a more Peaceful coexistence.
Plus, I never did get involved in this "Liberty movement" effort to mostly talk to "the choir."  :)

It seems relentlessly obvious that not all "Liberty people" agree on how to get towards more Liberty, so maybe I (as with each individual) should do the part(s) I find most interesting, and/or useful.

Anywho: For now, Grafton seems a pretty good place for me to work, because I (still) enjoy engaging with interesting people. And, as has been said: "There is one requirement to live in Grafton. You must be interesting."  8)

John

Quote from: WithoutAPaddle on November 18, 2013, 12:41 AM NHFT

Funny.  ;)
One sign considered for out front of Peaceful Assembly Church:
Everybody Welcome.
Come in, kneel down, and Pray.
Thank you Lord for thinking of me,
I'm alive and doing fine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip35GXczZwk
(sign sign everywhere a sign)

firecracker joe

;D  signs signs everywhere a sign