• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Strange sounds in the sky

Started by Raineyrocks, November 21, 2013, 05:07 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

For months now I've been hearing loud noises and they sound like jets but I know they are not because since we've moved here we have had tons of jets flying around.

It's like this:  The noise starts off like a jet sound but then it just completely stops in one location and the noise continues in that one spot for a long time.  I can feel the floor vibrate also and sometimes the house shakes a little.  So anyways I did some searching on the internet and a lot of people are hearing really weird sounds. 

This link isn't the best but it has a lot of videos with "the sounds", the jet sounding ones are what I hear not the other groaning type ones.  There are no logical explanations for these sounds, I'm serious.

http://cotocrew.wordpress.com/2011/09/01/strange-sounds-in-the-sky-rumblings-vibrations-day-night-part-ii/

Jim Johnson

It's OK, it's just the Schnergenburger Time Space Warp thingy warming up.  Don't open the refrigerator during that the warm up, it turns into a time space portal.  During the warm up what's in the refrigerator eats you... and not in the good way.

Tom Sawyer

Hey you promised not to give away those secrets.

Jim Johnson

It's just Rainey. 

....and it's not like we're on facebook or anything.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Jim Johnson on November 21, 2013, 06:16 PM NHFT
It's OK, it's just the Schnergenburger Time Space Warp thingy warming up.  Don't open the refrigerator during that the warm up, it turns into a time space portal.  During the warm up what's in the refrigerator eats you... and not in the good way.

But isn't the Schnergenburger a visual "thingy"?   I'm talking about an audio experience.  Ha,ha, about the refrigerator.  ::)

Did you go on the link and check some of them out?  It's strange that so many people are reporting these noises even though a lot of these videos have been removed from the link I provided.  I should have chosen a better link but if you do a search there are videos of people puzzled by these strange sounds.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Jim Johnson on November 21, 2013, 07:01 PM NHFT
It's just Rainey. 

....and it's not like we're on facebook or anything.
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 21, 2013, 06:57 PM NHFT
Hey you promised not to give away those secrets.

Ha, ha!  I love you guys too!  ::)   I'm really hearing these things and I'm not the only one, I just wonder what in the world it could be?

Jim Johnson

Sound does not necessarily travel in a straight line.  It curves and it bounces off of everything.  Dropping a pebble in a pond is a close visual example of how sound travels.   In some cases it defuses and in other cases it is amplified.
Atmospheric conditions have a lot to do with being able to hear noises over a very long distances.  Sound travels better under humid conditions. 
It also travels through objects by making that object vibrate.  The interaction with objects can change it's frequency and it amplitude, which makes it sound like "nothing you've ever heard before".
When the neighbor, two blocks away, is cranking his stereo in his basement you're not going to hear the high tones. You're going to hear the low beats and grinding noises, because slower frequency waves travel farther.  That out door concert could be 5 miles away and very annoying.
Construction equipment makes a lot of noise.

In essence, you're probably not crazy... stay away from the refrig.

Raineyrocks

;D  Thanks Jim, what you say makes sense.

I just hope it's not some kind of creepy government testing crap going on or aliens up there! :o

Russell Kanning

what do your neighbors think?

I heard it was the oven where you shove the wicked witch and she goes to another world.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 22, 2013, 07:51 PM NHFT
what do your neighbors think?

I heard it was the oven where you shove the wicked witch and she goes to another world.

That's the Magic oven , made famous by the Keebler Elves.

Tom Sawyer

Dang what secrets don't you share Johnson.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 22, 2013, 11:56 PM NHFT
Dang what secrets don't you share Johnson.

How to make money.... because I got no idea how that's done.

Tom Sawyer

So I set you up for the perfect spike... at my expense of course...