• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Road to Liberty"

Started by Bald Eagle, January 10, 2006, 12:16 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Bald Eagle

I had an idea about hanging LARGE FSP signs and patriotic (our notion of it) flags (Gadsden, etc.) from overpasses all along Route 95 (and other highways) all the way to Lancaster, NH.   As the months went by, and PorCfest'06 got closer, there would be more and more and MORE signs advertising the festival to the general public, getting the FSP website address out there, and waking the general population up to the fact that there is something HAPPENING in NH and the USA.  Imagine the effect it would have on thousands of bikers driving up for Bike Week just down the road from PF'06!  Imagine what a great story it would make for radio and TV stations!

We could have a field day where 95 intersects the DC beltway. :o  The biggest major obstacle to Liberty in our Lifetime!

What do people think?  Is this doable?  Is anyone interested in starting "cells" in their area to plaster a section of highway with signs?  Do you think we'll have any problems with weather/durability or authorities taking down signs?

I'd like to see what ideas people have for art and slogans.

Free State Project / Visit our Website
All Well, or Orwell? 
www.FreeStateProject.org / Liberty in Our Lifetime
Vote from the Free State in 2008! 
Has Your World Gone Mad?  / www.FreeStateProject.org
Do you FEAR your government?  /  When will YOU be next?
Land of the FREE?  Home of the BRAVE?  What happened to LIBERTY and our tax dollars we'd otherwise SAVE?

Bill

KBCraig

Great idea, but the logistics would be a nightmare. That's a huge number of signs, requiring a huge number of volunteers (both to hang them, and to pay for them). And yes, such banners do tend to get yanked down, although at typical bureaucratic pace (anywhere from RIGHT NOW!, until it crumbles from UV rays).

Kevin

Russell Kanning

Those hard plastic ones seem to hold up.
We could start with how ever many we can afford and just start putting them up.
We had thought about having a few last year before "bike week" at each entrance to NH.
Signs like "Feel Free to take off your helmet" or some such. "Welcome to the Free State"

We could put them on government signposts like our Souter signs with zipties or on sticks like the polititians do.

Russell Kanning

More temporary ones on overpasses would be fun too. Anything short and friendly would be good. I think.

Eli

I am game to put some up on the DC crossings.  If someone graphically inclined could design me a rattlesnake ala gadsden I would be glad to whip up some overpass signs on yellow posterboard (or yellow bedsheets) for overpasses in MD.

Some fun slogans to use:

NHFree.com or Bust.

Liberty in our liftime.

Move north, young man, move north.

I need more, there are a lot of crossings in MD.

Lloyd Danforth

I remember a couple of years ago, maybe three, some Porcs in Los Angeles, I think, were stenciling FSP stuff on inexpensive long narrow dropcloths and hanging them on overpasses.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Eli on January 10, 2006, 07:49 AM NHFT
I am game to put some up on the DC crossings.  If someone graphically inclined could design me a rattlesnake ala gadsden I would be glad to whip up some overpass signs on yellow posterboard (or yellow bedsheets) for overpasses in MD.

NHFree.com or Bust.

Liberty in our lifetime.
8) For a couple of hours that would be seen by alot of people.

Bald Eagle

Eli - the best method that I've come up with for making large banners is to design or download a small image and then project it onto the large background in a dark room.  I print the graphic out on a piece of ink-jet transparency and feed that into an overhead projector or my photographic enlarger. 

Do the rough outlines with a pencil, check your progress by periodically taking a break and turning on the lights, and then use markers or paint to make the full-size copy.

I'm sure you could also use a pantograph or the grid-system.

Otherwise, it gets expensive.
http://www.bannersontime.com/silkscreen_pricing.htm

There was another option that looked pretty affordable - a smaller graphic that was repeated over & over on a long roll.  I think you could get up to 36" wide rolls.

The issue is usually square footage.  The banners and signs would have to be large enough to be seen clearly from a car doing 80 down Route 95 near dusk.  Price usually goes up dramatically with square footage, as I learned when pricing flags.  Maybe J.P. could enlighten me as to what some options might be.

But the key is size.  2 really BIG signs that are easily read would be far better than 4 smaller signs of the same total square footage.  Illiterate government-schooled "graduates" usually have a hard time reading signs, if they can even read at all.

Does NH Underground have a file upload area for graphics and schtuff?  It'd be easier to share ideas if you could just upload a GIF of the finished design.

Bill

Eli

If anyone has a 'clean' graphic of the gadsden rattler,  I think I am going to start picking up white (to dye) and yellow bedsheets, in order to use the projector method to add the couled rattler, hand writing slogans and web addresses. 

Is there any way that we could make "Road to freedom" the  index page for one of these pages (NHFree?) for the time that the banners are up.  The simpler the banners, the easier to remember, the better.

I should also look and see if there are any MD FSPers who could help out.

Eli

Friday,

Do you still have any FSP contacts south of the Mason Dixon who might be interested in helping out on this?

aries

Quote from: Bald Eagle on January 10, 2006, 12:16 AM NHFT
I had an idea about hanging LARGE FSP signs and patriotic (our notion of it) flags (Gadsden, etc.) from overpasses all along Route 95 (and other highways) all the way to Lancaster, NH.?

Just wondering where in Lancaster you'd hang them? There's no interstate in Lancaster, or all of Coos county for that matter  ;D

Fluff and Stuff

I don't think it is a good idea to hang FSP banners in NH.  We are not trying to recruit people from NH to join the FSP (well, I am not).

Why not hang these in MA/VT/ME the week before the Porcfest and use that to help encourage the press to cover the Porcfest.  Combine this the a press release, emails, snail mail, etc...

Lex

Quote from: TN-FSP on January 11, 2006, 09:01 PM NHFT
I don't think it is a good idea to hang FSP banners in NH.  We are not trying to recruit people from NH to join the FSP (well, I am not).

Why not hang these in MA/VT/ME the week before the Porcfest and use that to help encourage the press to cover the Porcfest.  Combine this the a press release, emails, snail mail, etc...

I second that.

Russell Kanning

In NH we could use freedom welcome signs.

Lex