• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Pooling for silver pricing...

Started by Eli, January 11, 2006, 08:47 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Eli

If folks are interested in pooling funds to get a lower price, maybe on pan am rounds, or walking libbys, or Pheonix bullion, then I would be willing to set up an Assurance contract at Fundable.org

Or I'm open to other suggestions to get this done.  What do y'all think.

-E

Russell Kanning

We get them one at a time from others. :)

Caleb

Just my $0.02 ...

Don't purchase silver bars.  The coins are the best bet for storing value. 

Caleb

JonM

AlanM

I think this is a good idea. Had an idea to make them available at the Shorty Dawkins Cafe. :)

Russell Kanning

If you accept them at the cafe, then you will always have some flowing through.

toowm

Up until a few days ago, phoenix dollar was offering 100 1 oz. coins for $825! at https://www.phoenixdollar.com/current_sales Free shipping too.

I wish I had acted.

Eli

So, I looked at fundable.org and they require a fixed number of participants x a fixed amount to equal the total needed to process the sale. ? Then they take 10% off the top... I still think this is a good idea, but I don't want to give them money for something we could, conceivably set up ourselves.

Hey Russell. ?You seem oddly down on this idea. ?What gives?

toowm: Your link doesn't show anything now, but I never saw that particular deal.

Kat Kanning

I don't think he's down on the idea, we just don't need to buy any rounds right now....that was the questions, right?

Michael Fisher

I'd be interested in pooling for a better price on silver, but only precirculated 1-ounce .999 silver rounds in good condition.

Michael Fisher

Dreepa

Russell Kanning

I like the idea in general. I just wanted to answer correctly for right now. We get our silver slowly from the rest of you guys. :)
I have actually bought quantities with my family and others from the Liberty Dollar guys.

Sounds like you guys can set up something.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Dreepa on January 12, 2006, 02:25 PM NHFT
Mike why precirculated?

Lower margin.  Minimizing margin maximizes its value as a currency and investment.

JonM

I thought the value of pooling was to lower the margin of price paid over spot price.

Currency and investments are not necessarily the same thing, if you buy silver buys just for the price of silver that's different than collecting silver coins because the coin collecting value of the currency may exceed the value of its silver by many times.  I doubt rounds that are not currency would have that aspect with them, so I wonder what the reason for rounds over bars would be.