• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Pooling for silver pricing...

Started by Eli, January 11, 2006, 08:47 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

sandm000

[/lurk]If you got rounds stamped with a porcupine or some other liberty minded piece on one side with 1oz .999 fine on the obverse, I'd be interested in ~50 pieces.  I'm not saying I'm gonna hand over the money right now, but if I see some more interest in this idea, I'd love to add my $$$ to the pool and purchase fund.[lurk]

Eli

I have interest in Best price pan am rounds at 150 oz.

Interest in stamped oz (rattlers, porcupines) at about 110 oz.  I will post totals as they come in and when we have enough to make it worth our while we can talk about.

If you are interested  PM or make a comment here and I will post totals daily.  When we get to 1000 oz we can collect funds and make a buy.

Eli

I have current interest in silver at 300oz for panam and 200oz for porcs.  Keep the requests coming.

Dreepa

Also I think that people should know that this is not a one shot deal.... we will learn as we go.

Eli... I have some news I will PM you on Monday when I get back to NH.

Eli

Awesome!  And this is definately not a one-off.  If we decide to mint porcs then we will certainly do this again (as there is a significant investment in getting a stamp made) and I plan to purchase silver whenever I have the cash handy so I will always be interested in pooling.  I think at this rate, we may get to 1000 pan am oz in the next week or two. 

It would be cool if we had (amongst porcs) a method of creating our own assurance contracts (fundable is too inflexible and now charges 10%!)

Also, could any tuath members willing to witness my membership contract PM me? 

Thanks,
E

sandm000

All right, I like the interest I'm seeing here.  About how much would it cost to have a Porc coin die stamp made? this place says $500 which doesn't add up to all that much (approx. $.50 over spot per oz.) but it could be as much as $1000 for the die, but the die would be ours, and after the first 1000oz. it wouldn't cost anything over spot to mint our coins, and if new people wanted to get in on the used die charge them $.10 over spot for the first 100oz. and either a)pay back initial investors down to the $.10 over / 1st 100 oz (not so easy)  b) put this money toward a second die where anybody who invested for 10oz. or more for the first die can buy in for $.25/oz over spot (or whatever the math comes out to because of "on the first die paying for the second die) including the "Johnny come latelys"
and so on...

Dreepa

Cool I will check out this site.

$500 sounds cheap for a die stamp.

president

sandm000

A reeded edge $.85/coin sounds VERY HIGH. It should be a matter of slipping a new collar into your stamping equipment. (Flat side and Reeded have to be the two most popular options so you think it would be easy) Because as the face is stamped the edges spread out into the ridges of the collar, so it should be little work to get that right, but maybe it requires more handling to get the coins out of the machine (without defacing them).

MobileDigit

Quote from: TN-FSP on January 27, 2006, 02:24 PM NHFTAre you trying to point out that it may take awhile for the silver to come in the mail?

Months are a bit more than 'awhile'. Besides, buying 90% silver is more efficient.

Pat McCotter