• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Pooling for silver pricing...

Started by Eli, January 11, 2006, 08:47 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: patmccotter on January 27, 2006, 08:42 PM NHFT
Junk silver coins - 90% pure

I don't understand these, not at all.  It say's that $50 costs $385.  I don't understand.  Someone?  Anyone?  How are these better and why does $50 cost $385?

Dave Ridley

I'm happy to buy 200 rounds of pan american as long as the amounts are agreeable, and I'm sure they would be if we bought in bulk.  Bear in mind that they may take 2 months to arrive from NWT mint, that's how long it took my september pan american order to come in.  once they got here they went fast, i have few left now.

I'm not all that interested in the rounds that NWT mint makes, too government-looking.  but i'm open minded.

but guys one thing I keep learning as I buy silver...i've never regretted buying it; always wish I had bought more.  espcially the liberty dollar certificates, those are just proving awesome because of their easy storage and convertability

Someday, maybe tomorrow for all I know...silver will stop climbing and we will have to hold on to the rounds we have, maybe for years, in order to make a profit on them.   but it's not an uncomfortable risk in the overall scheme of things. 

Very cool to see you guys making things happen and getting silver back into our pockets, hopefully in circulation as currency again...don't forget to spend the silver guys ; it's not just for collecting!

Pat McCotter

Quote from: TN-FSP on January 27, 2006, 09:34 PM NHFT

I don't understand these, not at all.  It say's that $50 costs $385.  I don't understand.  Someone?  Anyone?  How are these better and why does $50 cost $385?

Look in the 2nd paragraph on that page. $1.00 face value junk silver US coins contains 71% of a troy ounce of pure silver. $50.00 face value junk silver US coins contain 35.5 oz pure silver. That is about $10.84/oz at $385.

MobileDigit

Quote from: TN-FSP on January 27, 2006, 09:34 PM NHFT

http://coinflation.com/

Also, here's a good formula for junk silver.

(($face / 100) * 71.5) *spot = bid

I am interested in silver rounds if they could be bought en masse (to offset the premium), I just think that for the smaller invester junk silver is probably better.

I like the A-Mark's too:

WES

FSP member in Texas will  go in for a 100 oz (rounds) if you will mail my share to me. Just tell me when and where to send my $$.

Kat Kanning

KBCraig

Heya, Wes. What part of Texas?

Kevin

Dave Ridley

Oh one thing I hadn't thought to ask:  Eli are you thinking you will need to be paid up front before the order is received?  Or can we pay upon having the rounds handed to us? 

WES

Quote from: katdillon on January 29, 2006, 04:48 AM NHFT
Hi Wes :)

Hey katdillon, and hello to all of you. Some of you I have met at a few D-FW meetings a couple of years ago. I still keep an eye out (online) to see what you rascals are up to!

Anyways, keep me in mind regarding a silver pool.

Eli

Well my initial idea was to pool funds using fundable.org, but since they are charging 10% now, it's cutting at the marginal benefit.  I was going to wait til this appeared real serious to discuss, and now (at 600 oz, assuming acceptable terms of shipping can be worked out with Wes) it is serious.  I would be looking for funding in advance to make the purchase (just don't have 10K sitting around) but for security concerns I wanted to discuss with all of you the best way to do this. Fundable was a perfectly reasonable solution when they were free. 

Sorry, I'm rambling because I'm distracted by work.  In short, since fundable is no longer a reasonable option I am looking for a method that everyone would consider secure, but would be efficient enough to buy silver quickly.  I'm at a loss and open to suggestions.  My first thought is to open an escrow account in NH.

Kat Kanning

I'm not involved, but how about:  everyone sends their share of the $$ to Eli, Eli makes the purchase, distributes when the silver arrives.

sandm000

Are we talking about pan-ams or porcs now? I could send my money in advance as a MO. But I'm only interested in porcs (even with the die investment)

Eli

For the short term we are talking about pan am's.  Although the method could apply to minting porcs,  Panams are reaching the threshold of cost effectiveness.

Thanks for nameing the simple elegant solution, Kat!  I wasn't sure if everyone would be comfortable with that, and I wanted to give everyone the opportunity to question my honor (or just have an out.)

Kat Kanning

KBCraig

Quote from: TN-FSP on January 30, 2006, 03:24 PM NHFT
I will not send you an fund until you Karma is over 50.  50+ Karma 4 Life  :icon_pirat:

I smite thee!  ;D