• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Pooling for silver pricing...

Started by Eli, January 11, 2006, 08:47 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Eli

Anyone currently on my spread sheet (you know who you are) interested in switching from panam to apmex or englehard rounds?

With shipping
    625  - 1 oz (Engelhard ONLY) .999 Fine Silver (ROUNDS)
x$10.37
=$6,481.25
SubTotal: $6,481.25
Shipping, Handling and Insurance: $19.95
Cash Discounted Price: $6,501.20
(10.40/oz)
  625 - 1 oz (.999) Fine Silver Rounds 
x$10.12
=$6,325.00

SubTotal: $6,325.00
Shipping, Handling and Insurance: $19.95
Cash Discounted Price: $6,344.95
(10.15/oz)

Pan Am (doesn't charge shipping)

Currently 10.29/oz

Eli

Geez,  It's hard to get a honest estimate of which is cheaper, because both update prices in real time and neither publishes their formulas.

When I checked pan am seemed to fall between the two prices.

Eli

I refreshed both screens at the same time.  Apmex definately the cheapest. 

apmex                6351.2   10.16192
englehardt    6445.23   10.312368
panam                   10.29

Fluff and Stuff

Another FTL AMPer suggests Apmex

http://bbs.freetalklive.com/index.php?topic=4828.msg84725#msg84725

I am thinking of just ordering 500 rounds of this myself.  The Apmex rate for 500 rounds is lower than the Pan Am rate for 5,000.  The shipping seems quicker, also.  Where am I going to find a better deal?  If I lived in NH, things would be different but I live a very long drive from NH.

rancemuhamitz

If you're buying 500oz,  You might look at the 10oz. or 100oz bars, just to get a further discount.  Or perhaps a combination of rounds and bars.  Unless you're looking to fill a treasure chest with coins, and bury it on a deserted island.  :icon_pirat:

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: rancemuhamitz on February 06, 2006, 05:43 PM NHFT
If you're buying 500oz,  You might look at the 10oz. or 100oz bars, just to get a further discount.  Or perhaps a combination of rounds and bars.  Unless you're looking to fill a treasure chest with coins, and bury it on a deserted island.  :icon_pirat:

I see your point.  However, the bars are only cheaper if you buy 100oz bars.  Those are too big for easy travel or resale.  I wanted to give some of the rounds as gifts and such.  For example, I have a friend that thinks he is a pirate.

Also, I would like to say that I have nothing against Eli and I fully trust him.  I am not pulling out of the pool because of Eli.  I just found a less expensive and easier way to get rounds.  If I was in NH or wanted just a small amount of rounds, I would have used the pool.

tracysaboe

Quote from: cpmarch on February 06, 2006, 07:58 AM NHFT
I'm just getting started with bullion coins (and I'm nowhere near NH for probably 2-3 yrs), so this kind of pool isn't really for me.

However, I did find this over at the goldismoney forum:

5 (max) 2006 silver american eagles for $8.95 each, shipping free in US, courtesy of littletoncoin.com.  From http://www.littletoncoin.com hit the "Shop" link, then "Respond to an ad".  Use code "KL4100" (no quotes).  Supposedly the offer expires Jan 31, but they processed my order Feb 3rd, so they may still be accepting these.

Easy way to pick up 5 oz below spot, and without having to pay a premium or shipping.

Apparently they're based in... Littleton... anyone up there heard of them?

I don't think Silver American Eagles are actually a whole ounce are they?

Tracy

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: tracysaboe on February 07, 2006, 03:50 AM NHFT
Quote from: cpmarch on February 06, 2006, 07:58 AM NHFT
I'm just getting started with bullion coins (and I'm nowhere near NH for probably 2-3 yrs), so this kind of pool isn't really for me.

However, I did find this over at the goldismoney forum:

5 (max) 2006 silver american eagles for $8.95 each, shipping free in US, courtesy of littletoncoin.com.  From http://www.littletoncoin.com hit the "Shop" link, then "Respond to an ad".  Use code "KL4100" (no quotes).  Supposedly the offer expires Jan 31, but they processed my order Feb 3rd, so they may still be accepting these.

Easy way to pick up 5 oz below spot, and without having to pay a premium or shipping.

Apparently they're based in... Littleton... anyone up there heard of them?

I don't think Silver American Eagles are actually a whole ounce are they?

Tracy

I think they are.  I think they way it works is they also sign up up to gets emails, snail mail, and coins that you have to return or pay for.  However, I think you can cancel the continued delivery of the coins.

Eli

So, we are down to 425 oz.  Do we want to shoot for 500oz of apmex?  TN's right, it looks like a pretty good deal.  I've had one request to switch to cheaper rounds. Shipping on 500oz comes to .04 an oz.  The more we but the better our marginal benefit.  But since the initial agreement was for panams I need everyone to contact me as to whether you are ok with the change or not. Doctrine of unanimous consent and all that.  PM me or email (esente1 at yahoo dot com) me with your opinion. Or leave it here.

Dreepa

BaRbArIaN

Quote from: Eli on February 07, 2006, 08:41 AM NHFT
So, we are down to 425 oz.  Do we want to shoot for 500oz of apmex?  TN's right, it looks like a pretty good deal.  I've had one request to switch to cheaper rounds. Shipping on 500oz comes to .04 an oz.  The more we but the better our marginal benefit.  But since the initial agreement was for panams I need everyone to contact me as to whether you are ok with the change or not. Doctrine of unanimous consent and all that.  PM me or email (esente1 at yahoo dot com) me with your opinion. Or leave it here.

Fine with me, I'm in for at least 10, 20 if you get extra and I have the money at the time.

Dave Ridley

Quote from: rancemuhamitz on February 06, 2006, 05:43 PM NHFT

welcome , rance and thanks for all the advice.   Bars, especially bigger ones, tend to be a lot less liquid because they are subject to tampering and need to be examined by a pro.  Historically when silver has gotten really hi, people apparently hollow them out sometimes and replace the innards with lead!

Dave Ridley

Are the ampex rounds generic or do they have some kind of ampex markings on them?    The prices you included above for getting the ampex rounds...do they include shipping?  I know the prices quoted on NWTmint.com for  getting PA rounds include shipping.

any nominations for Escrow Man?

Varrin strikes me as a person who might be good for this... not that he has a lot of time.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: DadaOrwell on February 11, 2006, 07:50 PM NHFT
Are the ampex rounds generic or do they have some kind of ampex markings on them?    The prices you included above for getting the ampex rounds...do they include shipping?  I know the prices quoted on NWTmint.com for  getting PA rounds include shipping.

any nominations for Escrow Man?

Varrin strikes me as a person who might be good for this... not that he has a lot of time.

They shipped in 2 days because I paid with a bank wire ($25 from my bank).  It takes longer to ship (like 5 days after they confirm your payment) if you use any other way  You need to pay with 2-3 day mail if you don't use a bank or money wire.  Shipping is $20 as long as you use cash, check, or bank wire.  They said it will be AMPEX, just like the photos.

The price was a lot lower when you figure 500 silver coins.  I think it was like 12-20 cents less per coin.  I was able to save $3 per palladium bar.  I'll update this post when I get them.

Eli

My price break downs included shipping.   Seems these guys charge 19.95 shipping no matter what you order.  So on 500 coins it's a nice deal.  I imagine for small orders it's not as nice as getting stuff from the mint, but I haven't done the math to see.  As for what the rounds look like, maybe TN can tell us when he gets his.

PS  Who, by screen name, is Varrin?