• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Stooges Construction

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 05, 2013, 04:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Just wrapping up a Landscape Design project for some nice folks new to the Shire.

They have a property that had gotten overgrown. I had the "pleasure" of clearing back to reveal old stone walls and 150 year old maple trees. By "pleasure" I mean fighting my way through brambles, wild roses, barberry, wild grapes and poison ivy.  ;D

This shot features the arborvitae shrubs I relocated.

Here are some Shire Style raised beds being finished up. Heavy gauge planks I milled.

Native stone being used to terrace the south facing slope.

Thanks to Jim Johnson for referring the client.

I'm happy to provide service to people that appreciate the aesthetic of the natural textures.  8)

Jim Johnson

Great job.  :)
Those are things I could have never done for a client.

Russell Kanning

very cool
I like the soft, but strong sides to the beds .... much better for all the hard work to come.
any pictures of all the overgrowth before?

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Russell Kanning on December 07, 2013, 10:41 AM NHFT
very cool
I like the soft, but strong sides to the beds .... much better for all the hard work to come.
any pictures of all the overgrowth before?

I made the beds so she could sit on the side to tend them. A lot easier then having to be bent over.

I didn't take any before photos... dang me.  ;D My problem (at least one of many) is that I think in terms of how to make nice looking images... so I don't want to take the ugly stuff. I really should do a time lapse kind of thing to show the process. Hard to document and do the actual work at the same time.

Tom Sawyer

Those handsome, hard working guys led the way in Shire Building projects.

Building Mark's House

Jim Johnson

They made that huge center beam and then they cut the middle out of it.  :)

Tom Sawyer

That one crazy bastard, just to show how manly he was, ran a paddle bit all the way through the beam in reverse.  ;D

Tom Sawyer

Preparations for more Porcupines moving into the Shire...
Managing daunting responsibilities and solving problems, Stooges got your back.

Johnson repaired and renovated the bathroom, dealing with frozen water pipes, and managed the project for the out of state clients. Lauren troubleshot and made electrical repairs. Becky, William and I cleaned, detailed and painted to make the house in Alstead ready for the arrival. Worked into the wee hours on a tight deadline. The result was a transformation from a dusty, dingy and smelly house to a clean, bright and fresh home move in ready.

Smiling, happy new movers made the hard work worthwhile... nice to be appreciated and thanked for going the extra mile, taking care of the little details they couldn't even know to ask for.

Try getting that level of service and caring from any random company out of the Yellow Pages. Stooges got your best interest at heart.

Enjoyed today's move in party and we got to catch up with folks we haven't seen in a while.  :)

Russell Kanning

the bureaucrats are gunna hafta raise taxes or something to stem the tide

MaineShark

We have some more folks moving to Grafton, and I need to build a loft for some additional storage, to make that happen.

Going to need some experienced construction help.  Any takers?

Jim Johnson

We would need accommodations.

Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

When does the work need to be done?

MaineShark

As soon as possible.  I was hoping to do it this week, but the weather is looking like it may be a problem.

dalebert

I heard about more snow. I wish I believed in a god right now so I could shake my fist at him!