• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Unity Zoning Vote

Started by Kat Kanning, January 30, 2005, 12:46 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

nhgere

Hi All,

Wanted to give you an update. All my letters to the voters have gone out and I have gotten quite a few nice phone calls out of it. Most of all I got no nasty ones!  ;D so I am encouraged. I have pulled back all the signs today as we are about to be hit with a noreaster and I don't want them buried by the snow plows, but will have them back out after the storm. Some I have been given persmission to nail to people's trees and they will stay up.

The signs I got from the Dave Mincin connection in Newbury have worked out great and the ones I picked up at Kats are wonderful! Thank you guys it was just what I needed exactly when I needed it.
The pro-zoners are now going into high gear lying about what is going to happen to our town if we don't put in this zoning. One resident was told that the state was going to start fining the town if they didn't vote for it! can you believe this?

The vote is only a week away and I have gotten a  bunch of letters returned from the post office undeliverable, which means that their residence is not where they get mail and they have a PO box or in some cases at least one has died. So I plan to go out during once the snow stops and hand deliver the ones that didn't make it.
The only thing I can think of that may help, and I say may because the time is now getting really close, is a few letters to the editor of the Eagle Times how zoning has hurt others in other locations and how lucky Unity is to still have their property rights. Just a thought, might not be enough time anyway to get it in prior to the vote.

I will update you how the vote went on Tuesday night after all ballots are counted. Keep your fingers crossed and thanks to all again, Mary

Lloyd Danforth

Russell Kanning

Dave Ridley

This is really cool this all worked out;  this is how I always envisioned Free Staters pitching in, by being good stamp lickers while the folks who've been here a while make the decisions.  Course not every project works out that way, but it's cool when they do.