• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

“Just Say No To Governor Christie” Campaign

Started by Silent_Bob, January 02, 2014, 02:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent_Bob

http://www.my9nj.com/story/24347479/just-say-no-to-governor-christie-campaign

Trenton, New Jersey (My9NJ) -

New Jersey's "Weedman" Edward Forchion is out of jail for his ten day grace period where a judge actually allows him to get treatment for his bone cancer which involves medical marijuana.

The ironic part about this whole case is that Forchion is in jail for marijuana possession, yet he is still granted permission to leave jail once a month to use medical marijuana.

Forchion's latest endeavor is the "Just Say No To Governor Christie" campaign.

"Governor Christie made a political point to be opposed to the marijuana laws and cannabis laws and just taking a cue from the "Just Say No" campaign I figured I would put out the ads nationally to opposed Governor Christie's campaign for presidency," Forchion said.

Forchion has voiced his displeasure in the past with the difficulty to get a medical marijuana card in New Jersey and the lack of recipients who have been approved compared to the amount of people who need it.

Recently, a new medical marijuana facility opened up in Woodbridge, New Jersey but Forchion isn't quite sure that this will even help patients in the Garden State.

"There's a backup. Even the new place that opened, it still takes a year for a patient to actually get his card and then get on the list. There are patients who have had their card for over a year now who still don't have access to medical marijuana from the programs that are already open," he said.

Forchion was sentenced to nine months in prison for marijuana possession. 22,000 New Jerseyans and 800,000 Americans nationally are arrested for marijuana possessions every year.