• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Are conspiracy kooks hurting the liberty movement?

Started by dalebert, January 14, 2014, 12:26 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

Downlaod the January 13th episode free.

Or watch it on Ustream (in the next 30 days--also free!).

Free libertarian

Wait a minute.  There are conspiracy kooks? Who knew?

WithoutAPaddle

dalebert

Quote from: Free libertarian on January 14, 2014, 01:52 PM NHFT
Wait a minute.  There are conspiracy kooks? Who knew?

And my co-host is one of them! :) Next week's show will be completely devoted to letting Neal try to convince me of his various conspiracy beliefs.

Russell Kanning

Almost every crazy conspiracy theory has slowly looked plausible to me over time. And if the government is denying it .... then it has to be true.

firecracker joe

;) that's exactly how I feel Russell, I trust no govt. paid, lying , thug and never will , even if their retired or fired for that fact still means they tried to be a pos but were rejected their probably the biggest pos

dalebert

That's a false dichotomy. For instance, the gov't can be lying about 9/11 and what actually happened, about what they knew and when, lying about who did what, and so on. That doesn't mean any particular alternate theory about what did happen is true. Saying I don't believe in a very specific and very detailed account of what happened according to certain Truthers does not mean I automatically believe what the gov't said. Both accounts can be inaccurate to some degree or another, either because of lying or because of someone simply not knowing.

Jim Johnson

dalebert

Tom Sawyer

Just so long as you don't try and refute the shape shifting reptilians! Alex Jones has the inside scoop on it all!

Free libertarian

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 15, 2014, 07:25 AM NHFT
Just so long as you don't try and refute the shape shifting reptilians! Alex Jones has the inside scoop on it all!

I've seen a Chameleon and it's real dammit!!

MaineShark

Quote from: dalebert on January 14, 2014, 11:11 PM NHFTThat's a false dichotomy. For instance, the gov't can be lying about 9/11 and what actually happened, about what they knew and when, lying about who did what, and so on. That doesn't mean any particular alternate theory about what did happen is true. Saying I don't believe in a very specific and very detailed account of what happened according to certain Truthers does not mean I automatically believe what the gov't said. Both accounts can be inaccurate to some degree or another, either because of lying or because of someone simply not knowing.

Exactly.  One could easily argue that some government agents convinced and trained terrorists to fly planes into buildings (they've done the same sort of thing, before, in cases where it's provable, so there's not much stretching of the imagination required), without believing that the buildings were actually mined with explosives.  Neither would absolve the government of responsibility, but one is actually in accord with the laws of physics, and the other is not.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Free libertarian on January 15, 2014, 08:11 AM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 15, 2014, 07:25 AM NHFT

I've seen a Chameleon and it's real dammit!!

Check and Kingmate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJnQ1wwtG3I

Russell Kanning

man Dale .... you protest the craziest theories the most ... why not just ignore them?

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 16, 2014, 08:36 PM NHFT
why not just ignore them?

That has historically been my POA. It's harder lately now that my co-host is a rampaging Alex Jones fan. It just keeps coming up. I don't even care about "winning" any arguments as much as just getting him to shut up about them.