• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Are conspiracy kooks hurting the liberty movement?

Started by dalebert, January 14, 2014, 12:26 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

Free libertarian

JustUs

QuoteThe idea that behind the official story is the "secret history" is a very old one.
A Roman historian named Procopius of Caesarea wrote a number of official histories about Rome, but left unpublished until after his death a manuscript called "The Secret History," which told the true story of the reign of the Roman Emperor Justinian, which he'd been unable to publish while alive for fear of retribution.

2000 years later, in an era when "national security" has become a synonym for cover-up, not much has changed. "There's a secret world all around us," a legendary CIA agent tells a young recruit in a recent eye-opening account, "Overworld." of the life of an American spy. "But you don't see it, unless you know where to look."

So, basically, to deny history makes you what?... Here, let's make up a smear term... You're a "history denier", you swine!

Jim Johnson

I think 'Are Swine Hurting the Liberty Movement?' should be in a different thread.

dalebert

Quote from: Jim Johnson on January 25, 2014, 05:10 PM NHFT
I think 'Are Swine Hurting the Liberty Movement?' should be in a different thread.

That would be about the recent low-carb and paleo craze, I imagine.

dalebert

MaineShark

Quote from: dalebert on January 28, 2014, 10:24 AM NHFTWhat's your least libertarian position?

I'm going to have to assume something involving BDSM using ball gags.  While you should always have pre-consent from your sub, if s/he is gagged, then s/he may not be able to tell you that s/he had a change of heart about some particular activity.  So, that would probably be the least-libertarian position, right?

dalebert

Quote from: MaineShark on January 28, 2014, 10:42 AM NHFT
I'm going to have to assume something involving BDSM using ball gags.

That's along the lines of Lauren's answer.

Jim Johnson

Russell Kanning

Jim Johnson

Such singing.  Such dancing.

Good times are here again.   :butterfly:

Jim Johnson

I feel like singing 'Oh Happy Days'.  ...not the Jesus part.