• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Are conspiracy kooks hurting the liberty movement?

Started by dalebert, January 14, 2014, 12:26 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

You ever notice how scary huge he is?  No human is that big.

K neth

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: K neth on March 06, 2014, 02:59 PM NHFT

Summa scientia nihil scire

OK I guess that makes me a genius!  ;D

(Thanks internet for the definition)

Jim Johnson

Russell Kanning

I haven't met too many people in our movement that believe every anti-government conspiracy theory.
the crazy thing for me is that over time I am starting to believe almost every one. :)
My Dad just finished a CIA book ..... now he is really mad at them.

Free libertarian

I have a grandchild due in a few months.  The first book I hope to read to him is The Little Red Hen.  I think the Creature from Jekyll Island will just put him to sleep.  There's no pictures in that one. Fucking government!

dalebert

Myles is experiencing some pretty ridiculous blow back from kooks for his conspiracy debunking videos. He doesn't make any money to speak of, so he can't really justify the time and expense of fighting frequent frivolous claims being brought against him by people trying to shut his videos down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOCCxcv6Rko

MaineShark

Quote from: dalebert on March 10, 2014, 11:53 PM NHFTMyles is experiencing some pretty ridiculous blow back from kooks for his conspiracy debunking videos. He doesn't make any money to speak of, so he can't really justify the time and expense of fighting frequent frivolous claims being brought against him by people trying to shut his videos down.

But I thought they were interested in finding the truth?  Isn't their purpose specifically to try and open dialog on these issues?  So, how would they possibly be trying to silence someone?

Oh, wait, it's because they are actually interested in spreading lies, closing dialog, and gagging anyone who doesn't adhere to their prejudices, isn't it?

Russell Kanning

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 11, 2014, 01:24 PM NHFT
how bad can the conspiracy kooks hurt this guy?

Imagine you had put hours and hours of time into a project, nothing more than a hobby that doesn't make you any money, just to express your views. Then you got onto YouTube and got thousands of views for your videos. Then some folks came along and exploited a convenient method to shut down your videos and silence you and all that work was for naught. You didn't get paid, and the whole point of doing it--to get the message out, was now gone. How motivated would you be to continue?

Sounds like it can hurt a lot.

Jim Johnson

Maybe he should be creating his own content instead of using other peoples work.

But besides that Dale, tell us about that project that you're putting your life into that's not giving you the gratification that you deserve.

Russell Kanning

dalebert

Quote from: Jim Johnson on March 11, 2014, 03:10 PM NHFT
Maybe he should be creating his own content instead of using other peoples work.

?? He's DEBUNKING propoganda so he kind of has to reference what he's debunking.

But besides that Dale, tell us about that project that you're putting your life into that's not giving you the gratification that you deserve.

That's different! No one is trying to censor me. They're just not listening because they're not interested.

Tom Sawyer

I thought that was considered fair use... ie. excerpts to illustrate/educate a point.

dalebert

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 11, 2014, 05:29 PM NHFT
I thought that was considered fair use... ie. excerpts to illustrate/educate a point.

It is. If you listen to that podcast, he explains that every single DMCA claim that's been investigated has determined that he is engaging in fair use, but they just keep coming.