• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Are conspiracy kooks hurting the liberty movement?

Started by dalebert, January 14, 2014, 12:26 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

I haven't heard this particular conspiracy around here, but it's still relevant to the topic, I suppose. That said, he has some excellent thoughts that I think are particularly relevant in the last 3 or 4 minutes.

QuoteCollins is not sure if men went to the moon. but he is sure they could not have faked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGXTF6bs1IU

MaineShark

I disagree - the moon landings certainly could have been faked.

It would have required more effort than actually going to the moon, though...

Realistically, going to the moon was no big accomplishment - if it was done by efficient private enterprise rather than inefficient government, it would have been even smaller in cost.  It only seemed like a big deal, because it was done by bumbling imcompetents who had to try and puff their work to seem important.  In reality, speaking as someone who was formally trained as a "rocket scientist," rocket science isn't really all that difficult.  It sounds complex to outsiders, but calculating orbits isn't all that difficult, even if limited to 1960's technology.

Faking something like that would have taken far, far more work.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: dalebert on May 24, 2014, 06:36 PM NHFT
I haven't heard this particular conspiracy around here, but it's still relevant to the topic, I suppose. That said, he has some excellent thoughts that I think are particularly relevant in the last 3 or 4 minutes.

QuoteCollins is not sure if men went to the moon. but he is sure they could not have faked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGXTF6bs1IU

Thank You Dale, that was beyond awesome.

Russell Kanning

so why dont people go there on vacation  if it is no big accomplishment?

MaineShark

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 25, 2014, 10:23 PM NHFTso why dont people go there on vacation  if it is no big accomplishment?

Government.  You can't launch a rocket larger than a toy without approval, or the best you can hope for is to be bankrupted by fines.  More likely, you'll be in prison.  If you actually manage to launch, they'll shoot you down.

There's a small level of sense to that - a rocket even smaller than that could deliver an atomic weapon to any place on the planet, and a rocket large enough to reach the moon could instead lift a large mass of weaponry to a Earth orbit.  Some sci-fi doomsday scenario, right there.

But that mostly represents their paranoia - that's what they would do with such an opportunity, so they cannot imagine that someone else would do otherwise.

The real threat is that folks would actually establish themselves on the moon, and declare themselves free.  Can't have a bunch of folks proving that voluntary society is possible, now can we?  Imagine a society where absolutely everyone there is only there because they volunteered to go.  None of this, "you were born within this border, so you are subject to this government."  Imagine a clean slate.  Imagine how much that terrifies Statists.  Deep down, they know that they are selling a load of garbage, and that a voluntary society would actually work, proving that they are worthless.

No, they won't allow it, unless they are in control.  It's a case of, "do it my way, or I won't let you do it at all."

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 25, 2014, 10:23 PM NHFT
so why dont people go there on vacation  if it is no big accomplishment?

Ya see how ya picked one phrase out of the guys argument, that confirmed your bias, and totally disregarded everything else he said.

The trip to the moon was actually a huge task and yielded little, which is why no one goes back.

Russell Kanning

I didn't say I was fair. I was trying to be annoying. :)
they say they accomplished so much, but I agree that would be a ton of money and work .... to play some golf in the dust. :)
What I think is currently funny .... is that Bush promised they would go to the moon in 25 years and they are already behind schedule ...... they ain't never gunna make it.

dalebert

Conspiracy theorists actually think Michelle Obama is transgender after Joan Rivers joke

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/07/11/us-conspiracy-theorists-actually-think-michelle-obama-is-transgender-after-joan-rivers-joke/
11th July 2014, 6:15 PM
By Nick Duffy

QuoteConspiracy theorists now actually believe that First Lady Michelle Obama is transgender, after Joan Rivers made a joke.

Rivers said last week: "You know Michelle is a tranny... She's a transgender, we all know."

Bucking calls to apologise, Rivers later said: "I think it's a compliment. She's so attractive, tall, with a beautiful body, great face, does great makeup... the most gorgeous women are transgender."

Jim Johnson

If anyone is a Tranny, it would be Joan Rivers.

...and she is not funny.

...never has been.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on July 12, 2014, 05:43 PM NHFT

...and she is not funny.

...never has been.

OK that's it... throw down, I can put up with a lot, but you insulting JOAN RIVERS!

;D

Wait a minute, bad plastic surgery and not funny bitch vs. Politburo, preachy bitch. I'd pay to see the Texas Chainsaws to the Death Cage Match.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: dalebert on July 12, 2014, 04:55 PM NHFT
Conspiracy theorists actually think Michelle Obama is transgender after Joan Rivers joke

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/07/11/us-conspiracy-theorists-actually-think-michelle-obama-is-transgender-after-joan-rivers-joke/
11th July 2014, 6:15 PM
By Nick Duffy

QuoteConspiracy theorists now actually believe that First Lady Michelle Obama is transgender, after Joan Rivers made a joke.

Rivers said last week: "You know Michelle is a tranny... She's a transgender, we all know."

Bucking calls to apologise, Rivers later said: "I think it's a compliment. She's so attractive, tall, with a beautiful body, great face, does great makeup... the most gorgeous women are transgender."

So I read the article, Infowars, Alex Jones. He doesn't believe Michelle is a tranny, he just says whatever he thinks will get a reaction from his audience. Now that I think about it, I don't think Alex Jones believe much of anything he says, he's selling fear and preaching to his choir. Yeah, that's it. He's like one of those TV evangelists... Jim Baker couldn't have believed in the God he was selling. He would have been afraid of what that God would have thought of him ripping off old ladies pension money to buy his dog a luxury air conditioned dog house or paying for his prostitutes.

Free libertarian

...and she is not funny.

...never has been.

But she has a certificate from the Board of Funny.  Are you doubting the validity of the certificate???!!!  Look she even knew Johnny Carson dammit.   ;D

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Free libertarian on July 13, 2014, 06:46 AM NHFT

...and she is not funny.

...never has been.

But she has a certificate from the Board of Funny.  Are you doubting the validity of the certificate???!!!  Look she even knew Johnny Carson dammit.   ;D

Must be a government certification.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on July 12, 2014, 09:02 PM NHFT

...and she is not funny.

...never has been.

OK that's it... throw down, I can put up with a lot, but you insulting JOAN RIVERS!

;D

Wait a minute, bad plastic surgery and not funny bitch vs. Politburo, preachy bitch. I'd pay to see the Texas Chainsaws to the Death Cage Match.

Yeah, see now, that would be funny.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Free libertarian on July 13, 2014, 06:46 AM NHFT

...and she is not funny.

...never has been.

5,000 comedians out of work and this guy is making jokes. Where's your permit to distribute jokes?