• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Are conspiracy kooks hurting the liberty movement?

Started by dalebert, January 14, 2014, 12:26 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Folks in the "liberty movement", which is wholly ignorant of how crazy they seem to 99% of people, are complaining about crazy hurting their chances?

Perspective.

Erroneous_Logic

I would say that anyone who's been pro liberty in an open way for more than two weeks has pretty much realized that everyone thinks they're crazy.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jay on September 08, 2016, 01:20 PM NHFT
The "liberty movement", which is wholly ignorant of how crazy they seem to 99% of people, are complaining about crazy hurting their chances?

Perspective.

Well, if going to insist of talking on topic!

I think that the parallel is that there are plenty of topics that aren't all the way out (or beyond) the edge to resonate with others on. Some folks want to spent all their social capitol talking about the shape shifting lizard people.  ;D

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Erroneous_Logic on September 08, 2016, 01:24 PM NHFT
I would say that anyone who's been pro liberty in an open way for more than two weeks has pretty much realized that everyone thinks they're crazy.

I've connected with many people by not talking about current political BS and not using the catch phrases that trigger them to think that you are the "other".

Partisan politics is the root of most of the in ability to have a reasoned conversation with most folks. I think it is by design... keep us calling each other names instead of realizing who the enemy really is.

Erroneous_Logic

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 08, 2016, 01:30 PM NHFT

I've connected with many people by not talking about current political BS and not using the catch phrases that trigger them to think that you are the "other".

Partisan politics is the root of most of the in ability to have a reasoned conversation with most folks. I think it is by design... keep us calling each other names instead of realizing who the enemy really is.

I wouldn't say it's necessarily 'by design', but rather, partisan politics evolved as a system that's able to maintain itself very well by having a sort of immune system that automatically attacks non partisan intruders.

Jay

Quote from: Erroneous_Logic on September 08, 2016, 01:38 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 08, 2016, 01:30 PM NHFT

I wouldn't say it's necessarily 'by design', but rather, partisan politics evolved as a system that's able to maintain itself very well by having a sort of immune system that automatically attacks non partisan intruders.

Taking that thread and running with it, I think that "conspiracy theories" can be used to take advantage of people with more open minds (for fun and profit - Alex Jones sold a lot of edible dirt). Which is why there seems to be a greater than average amount of "them extra crazies" among us. If I was in the propaganda department of a government, I would purposely create outlandish CT's to lure those people in to keep the real secrets looking benign.

Erroneous_Logic

I'm pretty sure there's a fairly solid conspiracy theory that the CIA coined the term 'conspiracy theory' to ridicule people who questioned the official story as presented.

Free libertarian

Quote from: Becky Thatcher on September 08, 2016, 07:18 AM NHFT
Quote from: Jim Johnson on September 07, 2016, 09:26 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 07, 2016, 08:28 PM NHFT
I guess I think there are worse 5 things out there :)

....like Sawyer being bald.

Hey...he's not bald....those are solar panels for a sex machine!!

Honest...this has never happened before...it must be those damn clouds (smiley emoticon)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Free libertarian on September 09, 2016, 07:01 AM NHFT

Honest...this has never happened before...it must be those damn clouds (smiley emoticon)

Clearly this is part of the Johnson Smear, Defame and Propagate Disinformation campaign! The JSDPD will not hesitate to manipulate your opinions to prevent my righteous, radical agenda! Johnson is second only to Alex Jones, who suspiciously has refused to even mention my efforts!

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 09, 2016, 10:29 AM NHFT

Clearly this is part of the Johnson Smear, Defame and Propagate Disinformation campaign! The JSDPD will not hesitate to manipulate your opinions to prevent my righteous, radical agenda! Johnson is second only to Alex Jones, who suspiciously has refused to even mention my efforts!
I'm not taking second place to Alex Jones... I'm never mentioning it again!

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on September 09, 2016, 10:40 AM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 09, 2016, 10:29 AM NHFT

I'm not taking second place to Alex Jones... I'm never mentioning it again!

Diabolical! Again I am outwitted by Johnson.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Jay on September 08, 2016, 01:20 PM NHFT
Folks in the "liberty movement", which is wholly ignorant of how crazy they seem to 99% of people, are complaining about crazy hurting their chances?

Perspective.
that is crazy talk

Russell Kanning

I agree with everything Tom is saying.
also ... if Johnson is going to keep running textual rings around us ... I am going to have to start pronouncing his name the same way that Jerry Seinfeld says "Hello Newman"

dalebert

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 08, 2016, 01:30 PM NHFTI've connected with many people by not talking about current political BS and not using the catch phrases that trigger them to think that you are the "other".

OMG, this! I think it's a side effect of all moving to one space where we're generally surrounded by fellow libertarians but we start to talk in libertarianese. It's fine to talk about "rape cages" and say "at the point of a gun" when you're not actually talking about someone literally drawing their gun and pointing it at you and crap around each other. We get it. But dropping those phrases around the muggles I think has the opposite of its intended effect.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: dalebert on September 10, 2016, 11:38 AM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 08, 2016, 01:30 PM NHFTI've connected with many people by not talking about current political BS and not using the catch phrases that trigger them to think that you are the "other".

OMG, this! I think it's a side effect of all moving to one space where we're generally surrounded by fellow libertarians but we start to talk in libertarianese. It's fine to talk about "rape cages" and say "at the point of a gun" when you're not actually talking about someone literally drawing their gun and pointing it at you and crap around each other. We get it. But dropping those phrases around the muggles I think has the opposite of its intended effect.

Are the 'mind control agents' a flammable liquid or a gas.... or are they a strong oxidizer..... or an acid? I've made up a theory where it's a device or a chemical or something that neutralizes reality... in effect making it disappear. It made all the structural steel disappear.
As small air particles, it makes part of your brain disappear. It's made from really pretty people, especially sexy ones, which is why brain work around them.