• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Are conspiracy kooks hurting the liberty movement?

Started by dalebert, January 14, 2014, 12:26 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 19, 2016, 10:35 PM NHFT
It sucks that people are spinning and lying from all directions. Some of the clips of Hillary are taken out of context and through the description via the narrative induce the audience to a false conclusion.

Yes. In this case it seems like sincere confusion from people who are laymans when it comes to cameras. I was duped too until I understood what was going on.

That's the thing though. When I'm presented with the reasonable explanation, I don't cling to my villain-mongering. It's as KBCraig said, there's enough real stuff for villainizing that we don't need to make shit up and it just hurts our credibility if we can never admit when we were wrong.

Russell Kanning

plus it can be dangerous to your health if you find fault with She who must not be named

Russell Kanning

these guys could be ruining it for the rest of the flat earthers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nlfBcYeLkU
Flat Earth News report 4 minutes

jerryswife

A Conspiracy Theory About Conspiracy Theories

One of the funny things about conspiracy theories, including false flag attacks, is how often they are proven to be true. You have to wonder how long the shame-inducing slam, "That's a conspiracy theory," will keep working.

But that's not my point for today. Today, I want to introduce a conspiracy theory of my own, a conspiracy theory about conspiracy theories. Here it is:

The powers that be – the elite, the deep state, whomever – want wild conspiracy theories to spread. Because after these wild theories set the "outrage meter" very high, they can get away with almost anything below that line.

In other words, wild theories ensure that the "I'll act if I see that" trigger is never reached and Joe Average remains docile, even as he is progressively abused.

I hope I haven't given any nefarious people ideas, but I think this is already happening. And in any event, I'm fairly certain it's worth pointing out.
A Second Theory

There is a second reason for the lords of the status quo to love conspiracy theories, which is that such theories make it easy to discredit troublesome ideas.

For example, we now know – thank you again, Edward Snowden – that government agents are infiltrating websites to sow fear, uncertainty, and doubt, as well as to destroy reputations.

So, rather than just pulling out the usual manipulation to discredit a troublesome idea ("conspiracy theory!"), why not tie it to some really nasty racist crap?

Lots of people have avoided discussions of the Federal Reserve, for example, because trolls attached to the discussions demonize Jews. Disgusted by anti-Semitism, people turn away from the whole subject, and the central banking scam remains unquestioned.

There are reasons open comment boards are overrun with hate-spewing trolls, and it's not that deeply deluded people make up that much of the general populace. (Though they do exist, and they do love to spew their filth.)

So, this is my second conspiracy theory:

Disgusting trolls are paid to promote certain ideas... ideas the elite want to eliminate.

And nowadays, paid trolls aren't even needed; artificial intelligence bots can carry out the work quite well and can even respond to counter-posts.
Can I Prove This?

Not entirely, no. And I'm not going to spend hundreds of hours tracking down evidence. That's not my job; I'm not an investigative journalist. (Neither is anyone else these days, but that's a separate point.)

Still, the links I've inserted above prove a lot of what I'm writing, and the rest will have to remain my own personal theories... and I'm just fine with that. People can take them or leave them as they choose.
The Other Problem

Beyond everything covered above, the other problem with conspiracy theories is that they are far too hopeful. Yes, hopeful.

The implication buried in conspiracy theories is that the world is being controlled. Whether it's controlled by the Illuminati, the Jews, the Masons, or whomever, there is a strange sort of comfort in the idea that the world is controllable.

The comforting thought goes like this:

The world is being controlled by evil people. So, if we can just get rid of them, control will revert to good people, and things will be great again.

This thought is false. The world is not controlled by any single group of people. Rather, it's a large, chaotic mess. Yes, the deep staters, central bankers, and so on do manipulate a lot of things, but they struggle endlessly and very often fail. Consider just two recent examples:

If they were that smart, these groups wouldn't have allowed the internet to jump onto the scene in the early 1990s.

If they were that potent, they would have killed Bitcoin as soon as it appeared.

The truth is that they're not that smart, and they're not all-powerful. In fact, they have power only to the extent that they hoodwink people into serving them. And that's not an iron-clad arrangement.
So...

Presuming that everything above is true, what do we do about it?

My first thought is that we should stick to facts, not imaginings. I suspect, for example, that Building 7 at the World Trade Center was purposely brought down, but I don't know that. My suspicions don't make it true. Furthermore, it isn't worth obsessing over. There are dozens of more important things to invest with time and energy – like actually building a better world.

I can't think of a single conspiracy theory that's worth majoring upon. Aliens at Roswell or the Kennedy assassination may be fun speculations – and I'd love to know the God's-honest truth about both – but they're simply not that important.

Rather, we should be busy building a better world, bypassing the institutions of abuse that dominate life in the West.

Jim Johnson

This page has a nice picture of Farrah Fawcett.

https://www.ncscooper.com/local-researcher-bend-oregon-doesnt-exist/

"North San Juan, CA — North San Juan resident, part-time chemtrail researcher and amateur ionizing radiation hobbyist Skyy Wolford announced to a somewhat disinterested crowd out in front of the Sierra Super Stop that Bend, Oregon is an elaborate hoax and does not exist. Mr. Wolford, who was recently in the news following his landmark Wi-Fi disability settlement, has been studying what he calls "the Bend anomaly" for the past 3 years.

"There's this thing I learned on the Internet called the Bielefeld effect," said a mood-elevated Mr. Wolford in a Scooper telephone interview. "It's where there's this illusion that some place actually exists. People talk about it. They even claim to know people there. But it's all fake. They're either part of the conspiracy to keep the hoax alive, or they're delusional."......

Free libertarian

Somewhere at the bottom of a municipal landfill is my 1976 poster of Farrah.  And now I find out there is no place called Bend, Oregon ?   I don't think this is a coincidence.  Fucking government! 

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Free libertarian on September 29, 2016, 08:03 AM NHFT
Somewhere at the bottom of a municipal landfill is my 1976 poster of Farrah. 

I'm sure it's still hanging in the teenage bedroom of your mind... mine still is.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: jerryswife on September 28, 2016, 10:29 AM NHFT

Becky and I were covered some of the same points in a recent conversation.

I have thought that espionage novels have been used to both justify the clandestine operations and to soften the blow of governments spying on their own people. When the NSA program "Echelon" became publicly talked about, I was one saying "I've suspected that for 20 years"... so I had already accepted it.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on September 29, 2016, 08:11 AM NHFT

I'm sure it's still hanging in the teenage bedroom of your mind... mine still is.

You two are obviously fallen under the Bielefeld effect. Those of us in the know, realize that Farrah was a mass fantasy created in your hormone effected young minds!

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 29, 2016, 08:15 AM NHFT
Quote from: Jim Johnson on September 29, 2016, 08:11 AM NHFT

You two are obviously fallen under the Bielefeld effect. Those of us in the know, realize that Farrah was a mass fantasy created in your hormone effected young minds!

Your blasphemy probably may not be tolerated!

dalebert

You can believe everything or you can believe nothing. Either way you'll be fairly easily manipulated. Or you can try to evaluate the information available trying to avoid bias to come to a rational conclusion and you'll probably fall somewhere in the middle.

Russell Kanning

I love the article Jerry's wife .... luckily you are not ruining the movement for the rest of us :)

Some conspiracies I find out about, don't matter that much to me, were already suspected, and or maybe don't change my behavior. But most of them do effect how people view or interact with the system ... so it seems good for me to try and expose them. As for effecting my behavior ... they really do :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 29, 2016, 08:13 AM NHFT

I have thought that espionage novels have been used to both justify the clandestine operations and to soften the blow of governments spying on their own people. When the NSA program "Echelon" became publicly talked about, I was one saying "I've suspected that for 20 years"... so I had already accepted it.
so true
I am half way through a 16 part series on Hollywood and the CIA, where 2 guys and their guests discuss different movies that were openly or secretly produced by the CIA. They are very interesting. They talk about how the typical DOD movies are just rah rah Navy or similar. The CIA ones cover a bunch of different angles. They did an Animal Farm and a few "exposing" the CIA. Their main point is that the average CIA movie is about how evil some parts of the government are ... but they are rogue agents, or necessary evils to stop terrorism.
It also gets you used to the idea like you said Tom.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 29, 2016, 09:08 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 29, 2016, 08:13 AM NHFT

so true
I am half way through a 16 part series on Hollywood and the CIA, where 2 guys and their guests discuss different movies that were openly or secretly produced by the CIA. They are very interesting. They talk about how the typical DOD movies are just rah rah Navy or similar. The CIA ones cover a bunch of different angles. They did an Animal Farm and a few "exposing" the CIA. Their main point is that the average CIA movie is about how evil some parts of the government are ... but they are rogue agents, or necessary evils to stop terrorism.
It also gets you used to the idea like you said Tom.

What's the name of the series... sounds good.

It's funny to watch old Dragnet shows, they are such obvious PR propaganda for the LAPD. It's harder for people to see the current shows as propaganda. I thought about doing a documentary on the subject.

If you notice the current law dramas are mostly about the prosecution side. Back in the day the law dramas were more about the defense i.e.. Perry Mason etc.