• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

By request: Special Tuesday Movie Night in Winchester

Started by Jim Johnson, February 01, 2014, 10:19 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

dalebert

That's also how I explain my cat's behavior, btw. Like, why is that I have this comfy, warm, soft little bed right next to me and Kaya always has to sit on the arm of the couch that looks way less comfy?

1) It's Kaya's plan.

2) Who can know the mind of Kaya?

3) Kaya works in mysterious ways.

Jim Johnson

dalebert

Is it playing for you folks? I'm just getting "Please Stand By". I'm on the YouTube live channel.

Did I get the time wrong due to time zones or something?

Jim Johnson

Quote from: dalebert on February 04, 2014, 06:08 PM NHFT
Is it playing for you folks? I'm just getting "Please Stand By". I'm on the YouTube live channel.
We are watching it here.

Kat Kanning

russell points out we never went to the moon either.

dalebert

God taught 'em how to build it! And how to install extra-dimensional spaces for the animals and food.

Kat Kanning

It's not Mr. Ham's creation story.  It's is from the Bible, what people have believed for thousands of years.  We're not followers of Mr. Ham, I never heard of him before this debate.  We follow God and Christ.

dalebert

Jim Johnson

Quote from: dalebert on February 04, 2014, 07:17 PM NHFT
Why didn't anyone laugh at Bill's jokes?!
It was a science joke in a non-science atmosphere.

dalebert

If there were only 1000-2000 animals on the arc as Ken just said, with 14,000,000 species today, then that number Bill pointed out--11 new species every day over 4000 years--just shot up to a much higher number.

Jim Johnson

They laugh at Ham's joke, "There is a book out there that...".

dalebert

Bill already answered this question. He talked about the seasonal layers of snow that is millions of years of layers deep. That's evidence that's not radiometic. Not sure why he doesn't remind the audience of that.

EDIT: And we can observe how those layers form and see how they form one layer per season over many years and extrapolate from that how many years built up the layers underneath.

Tom Sawyer

Large turnout in Winchestershire... all except Dale, we've decided to stone Dale.  ;D

The word Nazi waited until after the debate... we watched Iron Sky, Nazis on the moon.  :D