• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

North Country Porcupines

Started by elkingrey, February 15, 2014, 09:52 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

elkingrey

Hey all, there's been about a dozen of us in North Country meeting up monthly for dinner. For a while we were organizing things on Fedbook, but I stopped using it. So I handed the control over to my mother, who has recently stopped wanting to be the organizer.

Anywho, we're in a transition period and all of the communications have been tossed around via email, which is super messy when there's a bunch of people CC'ed. It means your inbox is constantly flooded and it's difficult to reply in a clean manner. Anywho, I'm thinking it would be a great idea to see if we could get the group to create accounts here. It's nice because it allows for people to subscribe to just one board (namely the Northern NH board) which will leave notices in one's inbox when a new topic/reply is made. Also, it's easy to PM people, and quote people, etc.

Anywho, we'll see if people like it. I like it. Oh, it also makes it easier for people to communicate with others from different NH regions.

John

;D

Yup.

And things might be a little bit less "incestuous" (as so much of the "Liberty" movement's communication and activism seems to be) when things are more open.

Mavazz

I've never really been on a forum before, so this will be a new experience.  I'm game.  How was the meet-up yesterday at Northern Embers?  No doubt better than getting a tetanus shot.....

Tom Sawyer

The e-mail list thingee drives us nuts. The forum is much nicer.   8)

elkingrey

One of the nice things about forums is that let's say you subscribe to this topic, if there are 50 replies to this topic since the last time you've visited, you'll only get ONE email for all of the new replies. And it will link you to the oldest new reply. Then you can scroll down and read all of the new replies. Then you'll get another email once a new reply comes. So, instead of getting 50 emails in your inbox, you will have only gotten one.

If you want to subscribe to this thread (topic) just click the "Notify" tab towards the top of the page.

If you want to subscribe to all new topics posted in Northern NH go here: http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?board=18.0

and click notify there, too.

Russell Kanning

good idea
this forum has helped many meetups over the years
good to see there is another group