• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

bank acct. bill jan 17

Started by Dave Ridley, January 16, 2006, 06:13 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

http://generalcourt.org/bills/2006/HB1668

1:15pm
RM 302 LOB   Hearing: HB1668

AN ACT relative to providing bank account balance information.

SPONSORS: Rep. Kurk, Hills 7 ( 75.00%)

COMMITTEE: Commerce

ANALYSIS

This bill requires state-regulated financial institutions to offer account holders the option to have their transaction receipts printed without showing the account balance.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: DadaOrwell on January 16, 2006, 06:13 AM NHFT
This bill requires state-regulated financial institutions to offer account holders the option to have their transaction receipts printed without showing the account balance.

That is how they print it at my bank. ?It takes less time and costs the bank less money.

KBCraig

Quote from: DadaOrwell on January 16, 2006, 06:13 AM NHFT
ANALYSIS

Here's my analysis: it's none of the state's business.

Gabo

Dave Ridley

I did get to testify on this one and strangely enough it was the best experiences I've ever had testifying

I said I was with NHfree.com, New Hampshire's most active web forum...dedicated to the preservation of her Live Free or Die Culture.?

Added that tho rep. kurk may not know it, I am a big fan of his, that think he should run for governor BUT

this bill is just wrong; banks are regulated enough; it is my job as the consumer to deal with this not his.

I said Rep. Kurk had alluded to the fact that his bill might cost banks some money, and, well that is the bank's money, not Rep Kurk's!

I said I'd lay waste to any business not treating me the way I wanted to be treated, by refusing to do business there..and so would other consumers.? I said I already have one mother, I don't need two.

the whole time the reps were laughing and telling me jokes about rep kurk.? they said he uses all their money too like it is his LOL.? ?Afterwards the bank reps who had showed up to defend their industry thanked me for what I said and Rep. Kurk said hey that was some nice testimony!? ?I told him his was well put also. It doesn't always go this way tho, sometimes committees just ignore me or look hostile.

Fluff and Stuff

aries

Quote from: TN-FSP on January 17, 2006, 10:38 PM NHFT
Quote from: Gabo on January 17, 2006, 05:54 PM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on January 16, 2006, 11:55 AM NHFTHere's my analysis: it's none of the state's business.
Agreed.

But it will save the banks money.
NH State legislature has officially voted to revoke your license because in the long run it will save you money.

Again, none of their business how much money the bank spends.