• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

When does life begin?

Started by cathleeninnh, January 16, 2006, 11:33 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb

May I remind you that it is not only Christian groups that feel they can resort to violence and force to get their way ...

The Pro-Choice lobby is active across the nation in trying to force Christian Hospitals and insurance companies to provide abortion on demand.

Caleb

MaineShark

Quote from: Eli on January 20, 2006, 08:58 AM NHFTSadly, most christians think force is fine, as evidenced by the efforts of christian groups to limit access to abortion.? Limiting access is force, because it can only be done through force, not persuasion.

I'm not getting involved in this discussion right now, except to say that Caleb is free to attempt to limit access by (for example) persuading doctors not to provide abortions.? No force is required.? Now, the effectiveness of this plan might be in doubt, but he is welcome to try.? Even if he can't get all doctors to refuse, reducing the number would tend to increase the cost (supply-and-demand), which he might consider a conditional victory.

Joe

Mr.fabulous

Quote from: cathleeninnh on January 16, 2006, 11:33 AM NHFT
I just feel like stirring the pot.

I really don't have an opinion at this point, so this is your chance to win a convert.

When I think about it, I find myself considering potentiality. Where does potential change to actual?

Cathleen
Life begins at conception but whos to say its murder to terminate a fetus who is gonna take care of all these children why are the prolifers not offering to raise these children just choose for you abortion is as old as time in ancient times women took herbs to terminate its a heavy subject but its the choice of the woman not the man or the gov do we need more unwanted children with parents who cant provide or just wont raise thier children properly arent our prisons and institutions full enough

Pat McCotter

Lloyd, will you please give mr fabulous some commas!

Mr.fabulous

Grammar was a bad subject for me in school and chatrooms destroyed what little grammar skills i had

Lex

Quote from: Mr.fabulous on February 04, 2006, 06:12 PM NHFT
Grammar was a bad subject for me in school and chatrooms destroyed what little grammar skills i had

Just use more periods and commas and you'll be alright ;-)

Eli

My father always says I have a surplus of commas (at least he did until I stopped letting him read my work).  You can borrow some excess punctuation from me

Eli

KBCraig

Quote from: Mr.fabulous on February 04, 2006, 06:12 PM NHFT

I've spent plenty of time in chat, and I've never yet had a chat room or channel force its grammar conventions upon me.

Welcome to the forum, Fab. I look forward to hearing more from you. Just don't forget: few people are going to put more effort into reading your posts, than you put into writing them. When the reading gets tough, most people will just skip right over you and never see any of what you write.

Kevin