• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Fake Invoices

Started by FTL_Ian, January 17, 2006, 12:21 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

My new post at Hammer of Truth:? ?8)

http://hammeroftruth.com/2006/01/17/fake-invoices

I own a few domain names, like http://freetalklive.com. From time to time, there is a company that sends me an invoice asking $25 for domain name renewal for one of my domains.

It should cost you no more than $10 to renew a domain for another year.

This company is likely not the company you registered your domain through originally, but if you send them $25, they will become your registrar. They feed off of the people that don?t realize this. Caveat emptor.

One note. This company does not write, ?If you don?t pay, we?ll throw you in prison, or maybe kill you.? at the bottom of the invoice.

There is only one organization in the world that sends fake invoices with threats attached, and that is the ?Government?. Whoever they are. Sure, you might know who your ?representative? is, but who are the rest of them? Many of the faceless, heartless bureaucrats running the programs won?t even give their names when asked!

Who are these people sending me fake invoices, forms, and threats? I did not grant this authority to anyone, and I did not sign a social contract.

Isn?t it about time for all of us to start throwing their junk mail away?

Russell Kanning

I throw mail from the government away. Actually that is not true. I kept the latest bill from the TSA for a couple of months ......then burned it during our UN flag burn.

Lex

Quote from: russellkanning on January 17, 2006, 12:49 AM NHFT
I throw mail from the government away. Actually that is not true. I kept the latest bill from the TSA for a couple of months ......then burned it during our UN flag burn.

>:D

Lloyd Danforth

Once in a whileIi get a realistic looking warning from bogus Paypal warning me there is unusual activity on my account and then ask me for more info than Paypal asked for when I signed on. I figure real Paypal already has this info and if there was a real problem they would tell me to go to my account.

KBCraig

I wouldn't even know what those PayPal "notices" say. I don't have a PayPal account, so I delete them immediately.

Kevin