• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Meet the Libertarian Utopians Trying to Take Over New Hampshire

Started by Tom Sawyer, March 27, 2014, 08:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

I've never seen a major report that recognizes that the majority of Keeniacs aren't Free Staters. Many are KSC students or locals. I met Kate Ager in person for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and she's a Keene native.

Edit to add: I hope that didn't sound like I have a problem with the Keeniacs. I don't, at all! But, I get tired of Keene being used as an example of what "those Free Staters" do, or believe.

Jim Johnson

I haven't read the Manifesto.

I don't believe in a Utopia.

This article is 2 1/2 years old.

...fuck'n government.

Tom Sawyer

Found the article via the STOP FREE KEENE Facebook group.
Didn't realize Mother Jones had done an article. The wacko lefties sure spend I lot of energy promoting the things they don't like.  ;D

John

dalebert

Right up until the last sentence, the author's conclusion, the article actually seems fairly balanced and reasonable. It has a dig or two, but that seems like it's just trying to be funny, e.g. "...the freedom to crash a motorcycle without a helmet." The author's conclusion is pretty ridiculous. The idea that everyone has to agree completely in order to make progress is silly.

Russell Kanning

dalebert

Free libertarian

Indeed the last line of the article was an example of his inability to perceive that people can "co-exist" without all embracing a central theme. 

Oh almost forgot.   Fucking government!

Russell Kanning

regarding us not all perfectly agreeing

If Dale or I were able to have our version of Utopia, we would both be much happier even if some details were not in agreement. :)