• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

A few questions to start narrowing my search.

Started by Clyde, January 17, 2006, 01:39 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

When I rode it, they'd do stuff like stop at the beach and let everyone play.  It was cool.

Dave Ridley

Moving to manchester seems to be the ideal if you want to attend the most protests.  Nothing is more than an hour and a half from Manch except the far north, where we aren't active an yway.  The plurality of our activities take place there or very near Manch, you're also only 20 miles from the State House if you want to go there.   It's a nice town too and there are plenty of colorful people in the park downtown.  Manch PD has already had their introductory open carry incident with a Free Stater, Michael Peltier in 2004, and learned their lesson when GONH got a hold of them.

I believe you can bike from Manch.  to nashua without much trouble.    Those of us on the east and west sides of NH can tend to feel more isolated from events then the ones in south central NH, at least that's how I feel sometimes over here on the west side of the state.

Dreepa

Also the 'country roads' here in NH are pretty easy to ride your bike.
I only got about 1 month of riding in before the crappy weather and had no problems.

Clyde

Freedominnh: I'm basically a laborer. I've done a bit of roofing, factory work, landscaping, a lot of warehouse work, a little purchasing, a lot of kitchen work, and I'm presently doing custodial work.  I have a gift for inventory systems, and warehouse work.

GCG199

Hello Clyde:
I am a carless FSPer in Manchester. I have been here for about 6 months now. I ride a bike a lot too, in fact I just purchased my 3rd bike since I moved here last week. There are also 6 local bike shops here in Manchester (well, one is in Hooksett to be sure).

Let me know if you need help with anything else. You shouldn't have too much trouble finding a job here either.

Lloyd Danforth

GCG199

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 18, 2006, 09:21 PM NHFT
Lotta bike thieves in Manchester?

As far as I can tell, no...I am very good about locking my stuff up. Plus, the two newest bikes I have are in my room, so they are safe.

I see a lot of bikes everywhere I go in Manchester though. I still see quite a few folks ridng their bikes in the Winter too.

Lloyd Danforth

It was a joke in reference to buying 3 bikes in 6 months.

Pat McCotter

When I lved in Rochyester and commuted to Concord there was an old man who rode his bike every morning. Depending on what time I drove in I saw him in Northwood and in Concord.

Rhiannon McKinnon

Clyde, you're not alone.  We found this thread of interest, as we are also "freaks" who are quite visible in both appearance and lifestyle, and are also extremely into the underground old-school metal and hardcore scenes.  Moving away from one of the best areas in the country for this type of music is a huge concern for our male half (see the Scissorfight thread)....but the idea of being able to get out from under as many pointless laws as possible is a worthwhile tradeoff.  We hear you, and feel your pain....perhaps we'll bump into you at a show sometime in a couple of years....

~RM