• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Coffee Crisis!!

Started by dalebert, May 19, 2014, 07:49 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

There May Be Fungus In Our Coffee!

QuoteGuatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Panama and Costa Rica have all been hard hit.

Much of the blander, mass-produced coffee in this country comes from Asia and other regions. Most of the richer, more expensive coffees are from small, high altitude farms in Central America. Because the farms are smaller, farmers there often don't have enough money to buy the fungicides needed or lack the training to plant in ways that could avoid contamination.

That's the kind I drink!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/18/coffee-fungus_n_5347222.html

Jim Johnson

You need to pay more, so they'll have enough money to put fungicides in your coffee.

Pat K

So we may be facing a Un-caffeinated Dale!

The horror!

Russell Kanning

Jim Johnson

dalebert

I stopped drinking coffee for nearly a week not long ago due to a stomach virus. There were lots of things I didn't want to consume that I normally would during that time. I was fine. Now I'm back on the sauce and enjoying some right now. Sipping my coffee in the morning is my favorite time of the day. I'm well-rested and catching up on what's happening in the world at my computer. I'm very calm.  ^-^

BTW, how come there's a Devil smiley but not an angel smiley? Is this some kind of conspiracy?

KBCraig

Quote from: dalebert on June 08, 2014, 06:46 AM NHFT
BTW, how come there's a Devil smiley but not an angel smiley? Is this some kind of conspiracy?

:angel4:

Jim Johnson

You can do magic.
You can have anything that you desire.
Magic...

WithoutAPaddle

Quote from: dalebert on June 08, 2014, 06:46 AM NHFT...BTW, how come there's a Devil smiley but not an angel smiley? Is this some kind of conspiracy?

That reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons, where Bart turns to one shoulder and there is a little devil on it telling him to do something wrong, and then he turns to the other shoulder but there is nothing there, and the devil says, "You don't have one of those."

Russell Kanning

the other one said "Ha Haw"