• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

npr

Started by John, March 09, 2014, 11:34 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Jim Johnson

"That isn't the way you do things in New England."

...because that isn't the way Europeans took New England from the Indians.

...republicans don't gerrymander districts.

....Democrats certainly wouldn't block vote.

...and that lady didn't have an 'us or them' attitude, because that's not the way they do things in New England.

dalebert

Tom Sawyer

Posted my comment (let's see if it gets approved)

QuoteThe article ignores that many who oppose the Free Staters are transplants themselves who came and took over the local government. Some how it is ok to expand the budget every year, but anyone that wants to reign spending back is a radical who hates community. lol

The "traditional" position in Grafton is live and let live. Many multigenerational locals are quite happy to have help in balancing out the flat -landers that have attempted to change Grafton into the same overregulated and taxed town like they came from.

You can see some of the folks yourself at the annual Grafton Apple Festival
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfdrTaRpYog&feature=share&list=UUg7lyc1UfeeCqX8KckW0bRw

Free libertarian

This reminds me of the time a Grafton transplant said about the Free Staters, "they're coming here to cram freedom down our throats"
(or something like that)

Russell Kanning

I like the piece .... only lacked a quote from Solar Powered Bob and a Graffy reference. They got our message out. They also forget to mention that the guy they threw out of the meeting has lived in Grafton for a very long time. :)

KBCraig

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 09, 2014, 04:35 PM NHFT
Posted my comment (let's see if it gets approved)

I read the comments when the article was first posted. There was disagreement, but the arguments were reasoned.

But now... why bother? It's just pissing in the wind.

I don't know why it is that all broadcast media has such terrible comment sections, but NPR has the same listenership as Jerry Springer.

No, wait... Springer's viewers don't sport airs of intellectual superiority.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: KBCraig on March 13, 2014, 09:34 PM NHFT

I don't know why it is that all broadcast media has such terrible comment sections,

Partisanship has turned folks into hateful, slogan spouting idiots.

We can't even talk to each other anymore, I contend it is by design. The words have different meanings to the different gangs. I say a pox on both their houses.

Tom Sawyer

Posting a link to the Tour de Shire, Exploring the Free State, New Hampshire, Grafton Apple Festival 2012 in my comment on the story got the video another 140+ views.  ;D

Free libertarian

^^^ Thanks for the clever marketing Tom Sawyer.  Plus you get extra points for saying, "pox" correctly in a previous post.  ;D

Russell Kanning

so true
sometimes I have to ask people what they mean by certain words .... this last week I couldn't get a guy to even tell me what he meant
and you definitely get people who just kinda yell phrases
we rewatched the second annual un flag burn video you made ..... good memories William was half your size :)