• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Moving Advice

Started by Lex, January 18, 2006, 09:29 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lex

Quote from: russellkanning on January 19, 2006, 10:43 AM NHFT
It is expensive. That is why some of us came here very light.

I tried Chicago to Concord and it was even more expensive then Morris to Grafton

Dreepa

PODS are expensive.  But the good thing is that they will hold it for you on either end if you can't move right into a place.

That site that Clyde gave was good.
Also check out ABF ( $50 FSP discount)
And I used helpumove.

Basically there are the same.  They drop a trailer off at your house.  You have two days to load it.  Then you pay for only the space that you use.  The best way to go. Especially if you can move right in.

I have some space in my barn if you need to store some stuff. 

Lex

Well, what you know! There is like a $300 tax for moving in IL!

For example, I tried Hobart, IN to Grafton, NH and it was $300 cheaper than Morris, IL to Grafton, NH. And Hobart is about an hour from Morris!

We might just end up renting the truck in Indiana and drive it back to Illinois  >:D

Clyde

A tax for moving? That's horrible.

Lex

Quote from: Clyde on January 19, 2006, 05:22 PM NHFT
A tax for moving? That's horrible.

They don't want you to leave!  :o

Pat McCotter

It's an exit fee. When I went to Jamaica (work, not vacation) I had to pay $30 exit fee before I could get on the plane to come home.

Kat Kanning

Isn't the philosophy, "If it moves, tax it?"

Lex

I got a call from Penske today and they helped me get a pretty good rate. The total is $657, that includes a 16' truck, a car carrier (for my MINI) and insurance. I also purchased tickets to fly out to NH next month and look at our place!  ;D

Dreepa

Lloyd Danforth

I understand you'll have a nice kitchen, living room and hall floor. I can't account for the bedrooms, however.

Lex

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 20, 2006, 03:19 PM NHFT
I understand you'll have a nice kitchen, living room and hall floor. I can't account for the bedrooms, however.

What's wrong with the bedrooms?

president

Just some blood stains. Nothing to worry about  :P

Lloyd Danforth

Not true! We got rid of the blood and buried the bodies, off site.

Lex

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 20, 2006, 03:46 PM NHFT
Not true! We got rid of the blood and buried the bodies, off site.

Thanks Lloyd! I don't think my wife would appreciate dead bodies in the bedroom.

Lloyd Danforth

You're welcome.  As my good friend Dawn once told me.  A good friend will help you move.  A really good friend will help you move a body.