• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Moving Advice

Started by Lex, January 18, 2006, 09:29 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lex

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 20, 2006, 03:53 PM NHFT
You're welcome.  As my good friend Dawn once told me.  A good friend will help you move.  A really good friend will help you move a body.

You are a really good friend Lloyd!  8)

Lex

We'll be moving into our new place on March 1st!  :o :occasion18:

:wav:

Kat Kanning

Woohoo!  So moving party on March 1st?

Dreepa

That is a wed.
Or will the moving party be on sat after MVP?

Prez you gonna be there?  It is in Grafton!! ;D

Lex

Quote from: katdillon on February 02, 2006, 10:39 AM NHFT
Woohoo!  So moving party on March 1st?

Yes. Anna (wife) won't be there though. She's flying in the next day.

It'll just be me and my mom and possibly my brother. I'm driving the truck and my mom will be driving our minivan.

Lex

Quote from: Dreepa on February 02, 2006, 11:50 AM NHFT
That is a wed.
Or will the moving party be on sat after MVP?

Prez you gonna be there?  It is in Grafton!! ;D

Sure, we can have the actual party on Saturday, that'll give us some time to settle down and stuff.

president

Quote from: Dreepa on February 02, 2006, 11:50 AM NHFT
Prez you gonna be there?  It is in Grafton!!
If I knew Seth was going to be there.....I would think about it.

Would you guys be up for doing some interviews?

Lex

Quote from: dead president on February 02, 2006, 12:14 PM NHFT

I wouldn't particularly want to do interviews after driving for 20 hours, I'm probably going to unpack and then get something to eat and relax. Why do you ask?

Kat Kanning

Are you planning on unloading your truck on that day you arrive?

Lex

Quote from: katdillon on February 02, 2006, 12:57 PM NHFT
Are you planning on unloading your truck on that day you arrive?

Probably not, but I have to return the truck by March 4th and I would rather plan on returning it a day or two before that just in case. We'll probably unpack as much as possible the first day so that we have somewhere to sit and sleep then unpack the rest of the things the next day and return the truck later in the evening.

Kat Kanning

Just trying to determine which day you'd like us to help you move things.

president

Quote from: eukreign on February 02, 2006, 12:56 PM NHFT
Quote from: dead president on February 02, 2006, 12:14 PM NHFT

I wouldn't particularly want to do interviews after driving for 20 hours, I'm probably going to unpack and then get something to eat and relax. Why do you ask?
I don't think I would want to interview you at that time.....but your arrival would make some good B-roll.

I think I may need to make a comedic docudrama on the FSP. I want to interview lots of porcs, so I figure one of the "parties" would be a good place to start.

Lex

Quote from: katdillon on February 02, 2006, 01:03 PM NHFT
Just trying to determine which day you'd like us to help you move things.

The only bulky/heavy stuff I'm going to have is the bed, couch, caia's changing table and crib and my desk. I'll probably want to unload all those things the first day so that I have somewhere to sit and sleep and to start setting up my computer.

I don't need a lot of help just an extra strong person to help me carry the heavy stuff is all I need. The next day I'll probably need help unloading my table saw (very heavy) and some other tools, Bob offered to store it for me so I'll drive the truck to his place, unload and then take the truck to Concord to drop it off.

We can have a moving in party over the weekend though when more people can come.

Russell Kanning