• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What, no Seth Mazzaglia thread?

Started by WithoutAPaddle, June 27, 2014, 09:35 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

WithoutAPaddle

The guy got screwed by the jury.  They convicted him of First Degree murder just because he is....well... whatever someone who does stuff like that is.

I'd have more respect for our "justice system" if they had instead loaded up the charges, like improper disposal of a body, lying to police, failing to obtain a boat license if they used a boat to dispose of her body, etc., and made him serve the terms consecutively.

Russell Kanning

WithoutAPaddle

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 27, 2014, 10:06 PM NHFT
que

If you were in New Hampshire, you'd know.  Or in New England, for that matter, since the Boston Herald covered the trial better than anyone, but that is, of course, their specialty.  I used to deliver that newspaper back in the mid-1960s, when it was the Record American, and I credit it for all I know about Joseph Barboza.

KBCraig

Quote from: WithoutAPaddle on June 28, 2014, 01:40 PM NHFT
que

If you were in New Hampshire, you'd know.  Or in New England, for that matter, since the Boston Herald covered the trial better than anyone, but that is, of course, their specialty.

I'm in NH, and I didn't have a clue. When I searched for his name, I found one WOKQ article reporting that he was found guilty, but nothing else.

WithoutAPaddle

Quote from: KBCraig on June 28, 2014, 03:19 PM NHFT
I'm in NH, and I didn't have a clue. When I searched for his name, I found one WOKQ article reporting that he was found guilty, but nothing else.

You should have tried Google.  It produced a list of 535,000 pages.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: WithoutAPaddle on June 28, 2014, 01:40 PM NHFT
que

If you were in New Hampshire, you'd know.  Or in New England, for that matter, since the Boston Herald covered the trial better than anyone, but that is, of course, their specialty.  I used to deliver that newspaper back in the mid-1960s, when it was the Record American, and I credit it for all I know about Joseph Barboza.
sheeeee don't reveal my location :)

WithoutAPaddle

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 28, 2014, 11:58 PM NHFT
]sheeeee don't reveal my location :)

Did you leave a trail of breadcrumbs so you can find your way back?  New Hampshire is the right-side up triangle on the map, Vermont is the upside down one.  I still have trouble keeping track of those square states that are on the way to California,

Russell Kanning

does Idaho count as a right side up triangle? I was there this morning. :)

Jim Johnson

Why do think he got screwed by the jury?
Someone died while he was having sex with them and he tried to hide the body... he screwed himself.

WithoutAPaddle

Because he didn't murder her.  Her girlfriend killed her during kinky sex, presumably accidentally, and then the two of them disposed of her body. 

Jim Johnson

If you have intimate knowledge of the crime, maybe you should have given it to the defense attorney.

WithoutAPaddle

I do have intimate knowledge of the crime.  I got it from the girl who had initially said she sat on her friend's face and suffocated her, until she turned state's evidence and received a plea bargain. 

The jurors were instructed that if they voted for either of the murder charges, then they could not vote for the manslaughter charge.  Based on what I have read, the Supreme Court should rule that the evidence does not support the murder conviction, and remand it for retrial, and then perhaps a sustainable verdict of manslaughter could be the result.

Tom Sawyer

I guess it all comes down to the girlfriend's testimony.

Damn shame for the victim and her family.

Have sex anyway you want, ya don't have to kill people. BDSM is one thing, murder and necrophilia is something else all together.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: WithoutAPaddle on June 30, 2014, 09:29 AM NHFT
I do have intimate knowledge of the crime.  I got it from the girl who had initially said she sat on her friend's face and suffocated her, until she turned state's evidence and received a plea bargain. 

The jurors were instructed that if they voted for either of the murder charges, then they could not vote for the manslaughter charge.  Based on what I have read, the Supreme Court should rule that the evidence does not support the murder conviction, and remand it for retrial, and then perhaps a sustainable verdict of manslaughter could be the result.

Your "information" is, at best, third hand.

If you're going participate in near death activities, and someone dies, you shouldn't expect others to understand or get a "pass" from society.

dalebert

I don't think this is a case I would choose for jury outreach activism. This is a sketchy one. You know how they say "pick your battles"?