• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Shire Liberty News

Started by Friday, July 03, 2014, 08:36 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

Hey y'all, it was good to see several of you at PorcFest last week!  :icon_pirat:

I thought I'd stop by and pimp my new website, for the benefit of those of you who shun FaceCrack and/or aren't linked to me there and may not have heard about it yet.  It's called Shire Liberty News and reports on liberty activism throughout the state of New Hampshire. There's also a weekly newsletter featuring essays on liberty topics by myself and several other New Hampshire activists, most/all of whom you probably know. Please check it out, and if you like it, share with friends.  I welcome feedback and suggestions.  :blush:

Tom Sawyer

Becky and I signed up for the Newsletter... we always enjoy your writings, funny stuff.

http://www.shirelibertynews.com

Tom Sawyer

Russell Kanning

Friday

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on July 03, 2014, 06:13 PM NHFT
Becky and I signed up for the Newsletter... we always enjoy your writings, funny stuff.

http://www.shirelibertynews.com

Thanks!!!

Friday

Tom Sawyer

We've been carefully studying our free copy of the Special Report

All the kids were training at PorcFest... heck, it's was the most important aspect of the event for William and most of the kids.  :icon_pirat:

Friday

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on July 04, 2014, 03:36 PM NHFT
We've been carefully studying our free copy of the Special Report

All the kids were training at PorcFest... heck, it's was the most important aspect of the event for William and most of the kids.  :icon_pirat:
hehehe You're the first person to tell me you actually read it!   :P Guess we know who's going to make it through the zombpocalypse....

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

This months email had a quote from 1944 that was prescient  warning of what we were to become as a nation...

Quote"Fascism will come at the hands of perfectly authentic Americans who have been working to commit this country to the rule of the bureaucratic state... taking part in the management of industry and finance and agriculture; assuming the role of great national banker and investor, borrowing billions every year and spending them on all sorts of projects through which such a government can paralyze opposition and command public support; marshaling great armies and navies at crushing costs to support the industry of war and preparation for war which will become our nation's greatest industry; and adding to all this the most romantic adventures in global planning, regeneration, and domination, all to be done under the authority of a powerfully centralized government in which the executive will hold in effect all the powers, with Congress reduced to the role of a debating society." - John T. Flynn, 1944

KBCraig

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on October 23, 2014, 11:33 AM NHFT
This months email had a quote from 1944 that was prescient  warning of what we were to become as a nation...

Quote"Fascism will come at the hands of perfectly authentic Americans who have been working to commit this country to the rule of the bureaucratic state... taking part in the management of industry and finance and agriculture; assuming the role of great national banker and investor, borrowing billions every year and spending them on all sorts of projects through which such a government can paralyze opposition and command public support; marshaling great armies and navies at crushing costs to support the industry of war and preparation for war which will become our nation's greatest industry; and adding to all this the most romantic adventures in global planning, regeneration, and domination, all to be done under the authority of a powerfully centralized government in which the executive will hold in effect all the powers, with Congress reduced to the role of a debating society." - John T. Flynn, 1944

And Flynn was a leftist, who supported FDR for president, then opposed the entry into WWII, all foreign militarism, most of FDR's New Deal programs, and predicted the death of Social Security.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: KBCraig on October 24, 2014, 12:05 AM NHFT

And Flynn was a leftist, who supported FDR for president, then opposed the entry into WWII, all foreign militarism, most of FDR's New Deal programs, and predicted the death of Social Security.

Yeah I was reading his bio on wikipedia... fascinating guy. God bless the internet, so much content that would have been very difficult to access in the pre-internet days. His analysis on Pearl Harbor, i found on antiwar.com, was very interesting and convinced me.  The Final Secret of Pearl Harbor

KBCraig

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on October 24, 2014, 12:26 AM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on October 24, 2014, 12:05 AM NHFT

Yeah I was reading his bio on wikipedia... fascinating guy. God bless the internet, so much content that would have been very difficult to access in the pre-internet days. His analysis on Pearl Harbor, i found on antiwar.com, was very interesting and convinced me.  The Final Secret of Pearl Harbor

The commas, remind me, of someone.

Tom Sawyer

Dale has a well considered opinion piece in this month's Shire Liberty News.

QuoteA Little Less Douche

by Dale Everett

I realize the derogatory label of "douche" seems a rather vague term. In fact, this video by Daly Show TV seems to play upon its obscurity as an insult and deserves credit for inspiring the title of this article. I found myself using it lately to describe someone's behavior and it caused me to ponder for a moment what I meant by it. I'm not going to look it up on Urban Dictionary and get hung up on semantics. I'm simply going to clarify for the purpose of this article what I mean by the term.

A douche, it seems to me, is someone with an inflated sense of themselves. They have an ego that far exceeds how most others perceive them. The college frat-boy with rich parents who wears a polo shirt with the collar up and hits on women clearly out of his league and then declares them lesbians when they don't acknowledge his awesomeness... is a douche. When Kanye West says "Imma let you finish but..." he's being a douche. Douches inspire eye-rolls followed by an enlargement of one's own personal space bubble specifically with regard to them.

Just a snippet, wasn't sure how to point to the rest of the article... or if it should be for subscribers.

Tom Sawyer