• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Two-headed dolphin washes up on beach in Turkey

Started by Silent_Bob, August 11, 2014, 03:06 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent_Bob

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11025319/Two-headed-dolphin-washes-up-on-beach-in-Turkey.html

The remains of a two-headed dolphin have been discovered on a beach in Turkey.

Stunned holidaymaker Turgul Metin spotted the dead dolphin as it washed up on shore in the district of Izmir, on Turkey's west coast.

The 29-year-old sports teacher said one of the marine mammal's eyes "were not fully formed", the Turkish Times reports.

"I was completely shocked," he explained.

"I noticed the dolphin in the sea and watched as it washed on to the beach.

"I couldn't take it in at first, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.

"I've never even heard about a dolphin like this let alone seen one with my own eyes."

The dolphin pup was approximately 12 months old and measured one metre (3.2ft) in length.

Mr Metin called the police who removed the conjoined corpse from the beach.

Mehmet Gokoglu, a marine biologist from Akdeniz University who will be studying the unusual animal, said a conjoined dolphin was "very rare".

Last year, scientists from the Michigan State University discovered what they believe to be the first-ever two-headed bull shark.

Family on holiday saves stranded dolphins with the help of luggage straps

Jim Johnson

dalebert

Jim Johnson

Sorry, I don't know of a good therapist that could help with that.