• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Dog elected mayor in Minnesota

Started by Silent_Bob, August 13, 2014, 10:15 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent_Bob

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/26269397/dog-elected-mayor-in-minnesota

A small Minnesota village has a new mayor. Duke, the dog is Cormorant's newest mayor.

The 12 people who live there elected the 7-year-old dog as its leader.

Duke may not understand politics too well but he's been doing a great job guarding the town.

He even makes sure cars aren't going past the speed limit.

Duke will be sworn in on Sunday.

He won't be getting a salary, but a pet store has agreed to donate a year's supply of food to reward Duke for his service.

Free libertarian

In other news today, Misty the Cat, a frequent candidate for office in Grafton, NH has announced her candidacy for Tax Collector and vows that "all dogs will be licensed even if  I have to do it myself".

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Free libertarian on August 13, 2014, 06:08 PM NHFT
In other news today, Misty the Cat, a frequent candidate for office in Grafton, NH has announced her candidacy for Tax Collector and vows that "all dogs will be licensed even if  I have to do it myself".

Brave cat...  :icon_pirat:

It's funny the reactions from people when they've realized  that our dogs "don't need no stink in' license". Revolutionary acts, just living our lives.  ;D  ::)

Russell Kanning

I don't even know how or where you would go to license your dog.
I like them for mayor. :)