• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Sprawling compound" in Grafton.

Started by KBCraig, September 02, 2014, 04:12 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

http://www.vnews.com/news/townbytown/piermont/13324590-95/free-state-project-republican-runs-protest-campaign-for-nh-senate-from-florida

QuoteWhen Condon visits the Granite State, he stays at a sprawling compound at 12 Liberty Lane in Grafton, home and staging ground to an indeterminate number of Free Staters. Robert Hull, another member of the movement, owns the property and is also running for the House as a Republican.

QuoteAs Bonnie Haubrich, the Grafton town clerk, went through the checklist on Wednesday to tally the number of voters listed to the property, she kept repeating the same phrase.

"I don't know that person," she said again and again.

Finally, Haubrich came up with 10 names, and another 10 at 31 Hoyt Road, also owned by Hull. Those numbers weren't necessarily reflective of reality either, she said, because the checklist hadn't been purged of inactive voters for three years.

So... the former supervisor of the checklist is still active, I see. Go, Lloyd, go!  ;D

QuoteRob Wolfe can be reached at rwolfe@vnews.com or 603-727-3242.

I do hope the reporter isn't the same Bob Wolfe from the Brown saga.  ;)

Pat K

Some times at night I forget about the trip wires around the sprawling compound and
Hilarity ensues.

Russell Kanning

have they reached Kennedy compound status yet?

I wonder if I am still on the voter rolls there.

WithoutAPaddle

The only compound my family ever had was Compound W.

MaineShark

Quote from: WithoutAPaddle on September 05, 2014, 08:31 PM NHFTThe only compound my family ever had was Compound W.

Maybe "sprawling compound" is something like Ben Gay, and helps you loosen your muscles so you can sprawl properly?

Russell Kanning

don't compounds usually have to have big fences?

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 14, 2014, 11:36 AM NHFT
don't compounds usually have to have big fences?

According to the definition the buildings have to have a shared purpose, and a fence or a wall.

Tom Sawyer

It's a compound when they burn it down... until then it's your house.

Russell Kanning

well then .... since the "sprawl" is only fenced in by trees, then I guess it is not a "compound"
unless they decide to bomb it with drones .... then it "was" a compound :(

btw .... any Feds that want to sneak in the woods ...... you might be come upon Rich A. wearing only a smile. :)

KBCraig

Jim Johnson

Rottenecker...  Ha ha ha...   :toothy12: ..yeah, it was signs!

3 hrs later...   ha, ha, ha  ;D

John

When I first moved to Grafton I put in a change of address with the postal people.
As soon as the woman (who turns out to be a BIG Freestater-hater) who was running the Grafton post office saw the address, she asked "How many people live there?" She also referred to Hoyt as a "compound."
I said, "Compound? Isn't that what they call places when they are out to get the people who live there - unless they are Kennedys?"
She said, "Or Bushes."
This was the same reply my dad had. :( Total avoidance of (though silently admitting) the out to get people part. :(

Pat K

Something is Rotten up to it's neck in Bristol.

Tom Sawyer

Bob Hull is secretly the Koch third brother!

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Jim Johnson on September 17, 2014, 12:11 PM NHFT
Rottenecker...  Ha ha ha...   :toothy12: ..yeah, it was signs!

3 hrs later...   ha, ha, ha  ;D
it was funny
the guy is a little bitter
did Bob H. win?