• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Happy Revolution in Iran

Started by Jim Johnson, September 19, 2014, 09:33 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

Iran's latest crackdown on freedom includes lashes and prison for seven young adults who posted a video of themselves dancing to the American pop hit "Happy" and a death sentence for a blogger accused of insulting Prophet Muhammad.

The seven men and women were arrested in May, but then released after self-professed "moderate" President Hassan Rouhani tweeted that the regime should lighten up. But the group was forced nonetheless to apologize on television and endure a trial in which they were convicted and each sentenced to 91 lashes. One was given a full year in prison while the others got six months, although their attorney told Iranwire.com the sentences were suspended.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/09/18/iran-happy-dancers-sentenced-to-1-lashes-jail/?intcmp=latestnews

WithoutAPaddle

I read yesterday that over 6,000 people have been executed under government order in Saudi Arabia since 2007, and that the means of execution in each case was either beheading or stoning to death.  The two articles I read did not give a breakdown, and I didn't investigate the matter further.

The difference between our attitude towards the Saudis versus our attitude towards other nations or factions that are similarly barbaric is of course that the Saudis have managed their oil supply to our benefit, even when doing so was clearly against the interests of their own citizens.

Tom Sawyer

Thugs can't help but be (well) thugs.

Now it will be a revolutionary act just to play that song... idiots.