• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Wow, the Seeker is a hippy rockstar now

Started by dalebert, September 27, 2014, 05:36 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

Jim Johnson

dalebert

You don't remember? Movie night Tuesdays? It started off pretty good and then gradually deteriorated and deteriorated much more rapidly through the second season but we suffered through both seasons?

http://youtu.be/VYuNvus-0-M?t=4m58s

Jim Johnson

Ooooh... that seeker, the one that could withstand the pain dildos.

dalebert

I just started reading the first book which I'm told is much better and is supposedly full of libertarian themes. I wonder if all the BDSM stuph was in the books or if the TV writers added it. Apparently they removed practically all the libertarian philosophy from the show so maybe they added in a bunch of BDSM to fill in the gaps.

Tom Sawyer

Gee kind of difficult to walk at this pace.

Be quiet or I have to use the you know what, you know where!

That's why it's difficult to walk at this pace!

dalebert

I don't mind that the show had magic. The fantasy genre typically does. But it had way too much plot magic. They would casually introduce some world-shaking power like bringing people back to life. Then they would have to find a cajillion excuses later for why they couldn't do it in this particular scenario so that viewers could actually care if someone died. And they didn't even bother to explain it many times. In 2nd season, they had a dead-bringer-backer in their party and they kept overlooking that she could do that and that it was actually trivial for her to do. "I just kind of exhale this mist into their mouths and their all better." And wizards could do everything but that including regrowing lost limbs. At one point they established that a wizard can create a castle filled with furnishings by waving his hand. Actually, D&D wizards can eventually do that... sort of, but it goes away after a few hours.