• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Robin Hooders headline on Colbert Report!

Started by dalebert, November 20, 2014, 08:36 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

Hurry and click this today before it's too late. Look at the headline for last night's CB!

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/

Of course they're being made fun of but whatevs. haha.

Tom Sawyer

Cantwell makes a great spokesman for the movement.

KBCraig

Tom Sawyer

I recommend he move to Lancaster, he could rent a room from ya'll. Oh wait, he wants to kill people like you.  ;D

The issue isn't the Cantwell's of the movement it's the people that promote the Cantwell's while saying they promote "peaceful evolution".

KBCraig

I know you don't FedBook, but I've made my feelings about Cantwell pretty clear, for all to see: He's an asshole. He's a wannabe thug who lacks the courage of his convictions, so he wants someone else to be a thug in his place. That way he gets to continue breathing, and seeking self-glory.

Still, I opposed the FSP, Inc., move to expel Cantwell over his words. Mostly because it gave him the "victim" platform, and a louder megaphone. I had many long, heated, private discussions when that issue was still undecided.

If I happened to be pissing on Cantwell when he caught fire, I'd turn around and piss somewhere else. But I wouldn't take any active steps to shut him up, so long as I could continue speak my own opinion aloud.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: KBCraig on November 25, 2014, 09:26 PM NHFT
I know you don't FedBook, but I've made my feelings about Cantwell pretty clear, for all to see: He's an asshole. He's a wannabe thug who lacks the courage of his convictions, so he wants someone else to be a thug in his place. That way he gets to continue breathing, and seeking self-glory.

Still, I opposed the FSP, Inc., move to expel Cantwell over his words. Mostly because it gave him the "victim" platform, and a louder megaphone. I had many long, heated, private discussions when that issue was still undecided.

If I happened to be pissing on Cantwell when he caught fire, I'd turn around and piss somewhere else. But I wouldn't take any active steps to shut him up, so long as I could continue speak my own opinion aloud.

;D 8)

In the Robin Hooding footage he's the person attempting to menace the meter people.

He accused Jason Talley of turning him in to the Joint Terrorism Task Force and ultimately leading to Rich Paul's arrest.

The idiot is drawing fire and will cause someone else to get hurt. He has admitted that he whips things up to get an audience.

My issue is the people that continue to associate and promote him are a threat. Stupidity is one trait I have a hard time forgiving.

dalebert

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 25, 2014, 06:23 AM NHFT
The issue isn't the Cantwell's of the movement it's the people that promote the Cantwell's while saying they promote "peaceful evolution".

Couldn't agree more, Tom. I actually admire him to a certain extent in the same way that I have admiration for a good marketing campaign even if I'm not a fan of the product. He's a product for a certain segment of society--really angry basement anarchists. Hearing him rant about gubment folk, even talking of justified violence toward them, is very cathartic for them. What's he's doing serves his personal interests which is to be that product and get people riled up. It gets him attention and ultimately will raise him more money. Comedian is his chosen profession so it works for him.

I just wish people could see that's not at all conducive to their activism efforts. I've kept a comfortable space bubble regarding Cantwell for that reason. I just think Free Keene needs to openly and vocally distance themselves. They're not going to though. That's obvious. So it's a package deal. I'm going to distance myself from Free Keene and I'm encouraging others to as well. It will get sticky but as long as we do our best to clarify a distinction, we should be okay. This idea that any publicity is good publicity just doesn't hold up to reality. The Westboro Baptist Church gets tons upon tons of free publicity from their outrageous antics and it has only hurt their message (which is a good thing).

And Pat, I know you've poked a little fun at folks like me for being Chicken Littles. I'm not saying the sky is falling. I'm just saying we should be thinking about PR and be open to constantly trying to learn and improve our activism. Free Keene isn't. Changing hearts and minds has always been key. We're drastically outnumbered for trying to change things any other way. And Ian would like to paint the picture that I'm compromising my principles somehow out of concern for what other people think of me. Quite the contrary. I think they're being assholes. I'm acting completely in accordance with my principles to distance myself and cease any support, moral or otherwise.

Russell Kanning

it is interesting
we don't have much control over how the media portrays us .... but it is not a surprise that chasing meter maids around doesn't play well to the public :)

btw If I ever get back to NH I might have to "tilt at fed windmills" at the time :)